Buxton Already Relishing Pre-Season

In the same way that @iRam read between the lines in the Bryson thread, am I the only one who reads that and thinks Bucko doesn't mention Mac once?

The part where he talks of looking at yourself to become a better person could well be Jake asking Maclaren to do the same.

Respected by the fans and the group, but not by the manager perhaps?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soneone who generally says it like it is, I really don't see that he'd be putting out subliminal 'between the lines' type messages. That's not really very Jake Buxton, is it? 

You have a point, but maybe Sir Jake is trying to get into Mac's head, unlike the coffee cup which just bounced off!

As soneone who generally says it like it is, I really don't see that he'd be putting out subliminal 'between the lines' type messages. That's not really very Jake Buxton, is it? 

​Jake will kick your ****** head in if you don't show some respect.

With Keogh along side of him -  its like watching Dump and Dumper.........

Get rid !

​And this sort of comment is why people make so many allowances for you in life.

The cup of tea throwing incident has been confirmed, but they forgot to mention that the cup was still in the tea machine.

​And the tea machine was bolted to the planet

I love Jakes attitude. He's lifted my spirits for next season already.

​You can't but admire a player who shows desire, humility and enough self-awareness to realise that while he isn't quite going to make it at the highest levels, he will commit everything he can to the cause in the meantime for as long as he is able.

I suspect his organisational and calming skills on those around him are somewhat underrated. He does worry me when he literally seems to throw players to the ground when defending a corner though!

In the same way that @iRam read between the lines in the Bryson thread, am I the only one who reads that and thinks Bucko doesn't mention Mac once?

The part where he talks of looking at yourself to become a better person could well be Jake asking Maclaren to do the same.

Respected by the fans and the group, but not by the manager perhaps?

​Sorry but utter rubbish. You are trying too hard to see something that simply isn't there. 

Why single out Maclaren? Bucko didn't mention any of the other players either. By your reasoning could he also be asking other players to do the same?

I think it's time to quit with the conspiracy theories. 

Yeah, its a pity his pre season training isn't with somebody else......

I agree he's great at a set piece, too far to slow as a defender in this league.....hopefully Sheff Utd will coming knocking, one can only hope!

You say he is slow, which I am not denying, but most of the time his positioning is sufficiently good that it isn't a major problem.  

​You can't but admire a player who shows desire, humility and enough self-awareness to realise that while he isn't quite going to make it at the highest levels, he will commit everything he can to the cause in the meantime for as long as he is able.

I suspect his organisational and calming skills on those around him are somewhat underrated. He does worry me when he literally seems to throw players to the ground when defending a corner though!

​Throwing players is easy. But teacup on the other hand...

You say he is slow, which I am not denying, but most of the time his positioning is sufficiently good that it isn't a major problem.  

It is when they push the ball past him, he does also hang onto opponents when defending corners, always thought he was playing above his level.

​Sorry but utter rubbish. You are trying too hard to see something that simply isn't there. 

Why single out Maclaren? Bucko didn't mention any of the other players either. By your reasoning could he also be asking other players to do the same?

I think it's time to quit with the conspiracy theories. 

I notice how he didn't mention 9-11. Hmmmm, interesting. Very interesting.

Sound like some of you are writing his Obituary!

Top bloke, decent championship level center back. Not sure he'll have a place on the bench if we bring someone in though.

​How many times has that been said? Bucko, like cream, inevitably rises to the top.

none of those that were supposed to replace him have managed it.

all this from a player that many said was a Clough boy and only picked because Clough was manager. Well in an article in a match dat programme Bucko himself said he was on the verge of being jettisoned into the wilderness before Barker got injured.

none of those that were supposed to replace him have managed it.

all this from a player that many said was a Clough boy and only picked because Clough was manager. Well in an article in a match dat programme Bucko himself said he was on the verge of being jettisoned into the wilderness before Barker got injured.

​Instant hero that game.

Archived