Anyone fancy a positive discussion

Uptherams

We have some very exciting players in our U21 team. Now we are certain to be in the championship next season, hopefully we can look forward to many of them getting games. Some already have. Hanson, Bennett and Calero. Silver Lining. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree. What is the point of having this "fantastic" development squad if we don't give any of them a chance.if a team is hit by injuries and suspensions, normally they look to the reserves, rather than putting square pegs in round holes.

We've made some considerable investment in the youth teams and U21s and it would be good to see a couple joining will and jeff in the matchday squad.

A few tasters in Mason, Calero and Hanson who had a couple of appearances, but we could do with starting to see some solid product, by which i mean people having a run of 6 or 7 games on merit and performance.

Err yeah go on then. Fixtures list? What colours is our new kits to next season? Away membership info? 

Superb support today. 

Goosebumps with the "when i was young" song. Was still humming it on the train home at 9pm....not sure if its been discussed elsewhere as only just got in and a tad tipsy.....but fck me, it were brilliant and i'm proud to be a Ram right now.

I am hoping we see more of Rawson, Guy, Calero and Koblenz next season. Maybe even max lowe, he has always been highly rated at LB from what I have heard. What this squad needs is its cobwebs dusting off and obviously a few new signings will help but maybe the exuberance of youth can also add a bit more enthusiasm and energy which seems to have been lacking in our squad over recent months.

Read earlier in the season, no team since the leagues became 24 clubs, have ever missed out on the play offs with 76 points or more.

Suppose we can take some consolation we've been a bit unlucky in that regards.

Leicester made the play offs couple seasons ago with 68 points. 

looking forward to hopefully seeing Hanson, Rowson, Koblenz, Thomas  and Calero feature next season, maybe a little Guy and Lowe appearance in there too. Rebuilt seniors, complete with a fit Thorne and an Alebentosa who's adjusted to the country/ league, and the above players starting the season as our back-up/ rotation players....cant wait when's my season ticket arriving??

Superb support today. 

Goosebumps with the "when i was young" song. Was still humming it on the train home at 9pm....not sure if its been discussed elsewhere as only just got in and a tad tipsy.....but fck me, it were brilliant and i'm proud to be a Ram right now.

Too right, that 10 minutes of noise got me thinking we'd make a come back... Even got the pitch invasion we were hoping for, waaaaaay!

Look for most of the season up until the last few weeks i have enjoyed been at the top or very near the top, playing on the whole plenty of attractive attacking football and scoring lots of goals. Geting gates of over 30k on a regular basis and I thought with the players we brought in in January we would go on and win the league. I was impressed with hanson when he played and am encouraged with what is coming through in the u21s. With a stronger defence a fit martin and thorne next season we should do better. Bring it on. There you go that is positive.

Archived