Tom Ince

DEL

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you do a straight swap for Hughes with Hull? 

Ince is good, but we can play without him, without hughes we can't make a simple midfield pass, we resort to hoofball

ince is what 22? Hughes is 19 and both have a similiar amount of first team experience

will is a much rarer (English) player, footballing brain, intelligent, ince is about skill, flair and doing the unexpected 

I rate ince a hell of a lot, sort of player that shines in our system, but If it was a choice of will or Tom, I'd take hughes every time, players like him don't come as often and then expective values differ, transfer talks been mentioning circa 15m for will, 5mil for ince

if it's not for contributions, will is about 3x as valuable as ince 

basically I wouldn't take a swap deal 

Oh, I wouldn't swap either. It's easier to find an Ince than a Hughes.

Of course if your Ipswich then you'd rather have Ince because they don't try to play in a way that needs Hughes. 

That's why he's got to carefully consider where he plays. He may be more valuable than Ince. And more rare. But Ince could shine in teams that Hughes would just look like a passenger In.  

I don't think there are many young British players that give what Hughes can. The alternatives are already at PL clubs and playing for their countries at U21 or seniors. 

Archived