Is it time for Kelle Roos?

G STAR RAM

As good as Grant has been at times this season, I think we are at the stage where his howlers have cancelled out the good work.

Would Saturday be a good time to let Roos get a taste of the action before potentially 3 play off games?

Or could it damage the confidence of a young keeper to be playing behind a defence who's porous tendencies are on a par with British border control?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who says he isn't good enough. He hasn't had a chance.

the issue is whether he would be better - i.e. make fewer errors. 

No-one had heard of Colin Boulton when he was promoted from the reserves....

I don't think it's a case of him not being good enough, he's certainly impressed me in cup games and Eric Steele spotted him so I trust his judgement aswell. I think earlier this season they didn't think he was quite ready to come in and they knew grant would miss about 6 games. Butland would never have come on loan to sit on the bench. Anyhow I'm not sure bringing him in now would make a world of difference. But I think we need to try anything to turn our defence around so if he came in I'd like to see him do well. 

Roos isn't good enough.

They didn't trust him enough to start him when Grant was injured so why would they now, at a more pivotal point of the season?

Grant is currently not good enough, he is costing us a goal a match. Can we afford that at such a pivotal point?

A draw is good enough for us next week, if our forwards are firing blanks do you have faith in Grant keeping a clean sheet?

you cant throw a youngster in at this stage, grant is a top top keeper and just struggling a bit lately, probably due to the confidence hes lacking with the 4 in front of him. But he will come good again, form is temporary class is permanent! Also hes an experienced head that we may need next week.

Grant is currently not good enough, he is costing us a goal a match. Can we afford that at such a pivotal point?

A draw is good enough for us next week, if our forwards are firing blanks do you have faith in Grant keeping a clean sheet?

​I have every faith in Grant because he's a top quality goalkeeper.

Quality doesn't dissipate overnight, his loss of form is due to exterior factors such as: lack of confidence in the defence in front of him.

Just posted on the other thread about this.

It's time for Roos.

I don't have any faith in Grant, can't see our defenders having much either. He suprised me earlier being as good as was, but now he is playing worse than he really is.

Quality doesn't dissipate overnight, his loss of form is due to exterior factors such as: lack of confidence in the defence in front of him.

No excuse for conceding from corners, missing punches, kicking to the opposition or doing silly passes that put defence under pressure, most of them come from a lack of concentration or being complacent in my opinion.

So, just before (hopefully) four of the biggest games of our season - which could still end up with us getting promoted - the suggestion is that we throw into the fray a young guy with a promising future and practically no experience, behind a back four that is already as nervous as kittens and will probably change in personnel yet again in the next match?

I saw Granty make a ricket of a kick yesterday that led to a goal, sure.  I also saw him make two top class saves in quick succession in the second half which, if either had gone in, would have caused us to lose the match.  And I have seen him make point gaining and match winning saves all season, including over the last few matches when we have struggled defensively.

Changing him would be a huge gamble.  And daft.

I can remember when people used to say that about Bywater.

No excuse for conceding from corners, missing punches, kicking to the opposition or doing silly passes that put defence under pressure, most of them come from a lack of concentration or being complacent in my opinion.

​There isn't a goalkeeper in the league that hasn't made mistakes like that...

You seem to be forgetting all the excellent saves Grant has made. Grant has won us more points than he has lost.

Archived