Is it time for Kelle Roos?

G STAR RAM

We saw Wardy too outside of the ground after the team coach had left. I think that one or two were staying in town for the marathon.  In fact Roos posted something to that effect on his twitter feed.  Sorry to dash your conspiracy theory! 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rate Roos a lot but there is only a few games left which are all important. What if he makes a bad decision which costs us we will do a Keogh and get a witch hunt going. Go with experience then yes if Grant hasn't got confidence back chuck Roos in.

Could give Grant a kick and might come back better.

i would give Roos a chance.  Grant has made some good saves, but that's his job really, but the main weakness

to his game is his distribution and that's a big part of the game.  Kicking a long ball down the middle results in

the opposition winning the ball more often than not.  Perhaps it's a management thing, he is being told to

kick it long for some reason.  If management does not trust the fullbacks to carry the ball to the midfield,

that's not likely to induce any sort of self confidence in those players.  Roos has been here long enough

to be tested in the job he was hired for.  Would hate to lose him without ever seeing really what he is made of.

Going for stability as we head into playoffs is a luxury option at this point.  The team is in trouble, they need

some sort of shake up.  Picking Roos would be a gamble, but so would keeping with Grant.

No excuse for conceding from corners, missing punches, kicking to the opposition or doing silly passes that put defence under pressure, most of them come from a lack of concentration or being complacent in my opinion.

​i agree. Not dominating your area is one thing but failing the kick a ball cleanly doesn't have anything to do with confidence. Having said that, I think it would be too much of a risk to change keepers now. Grant is an excellent shot stopper (let's not forget his many great saves that have kept us in games) but he MUST iron out these silly errors. 

When grant was a young keeper he made these howlers fairly frequently which is why Burley preferred Camp, and it is why we got rid.

i thought he had eradicated it from his game. And it seemed he had until the last 17 games (although  there were one or two incidents before that too including the ben osborn shot that seemed to easily beat him at the near post).

So, just before (hopefully) four of the biggest games of our season - which could still end up with us getting promoted - the suggestion is that we throw into the fray a young guy with a promising future and practically no experience, behind a back four that is already as nervous as kittens and will probably change in personnel yet again in the next match?

I saw Granty make a ricket of a kick yesterday that led to a goal, sure.  I also saw him make two top class saves in quick succession in the second half which, if either had gone in, would have caused us to lose the match.  And I have seen him make point gaining and match winning saves all season, including over the last few matches when we have struggled defensively.

Changing him would be a huge gamble.  And daft.

​Agreed - Don't change him, just stop him from buttering the half time sandwiches,

Archived