Is it time for Kelle Roos?

G STAR RAM

If we're gonna kick players out who make mistakes, we wouldn't have a bloody team.

The keeper is the last man, on his own, seems to me attacking players often find it too easy to streak through midfield, then a woeful defence.

If anybody should go, it shouldn't be Grant. Why should he be a scapegoat for a crap back 4? 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. 

Roos is a promising young goalie, not Stuart Taylor. If we play him now, we risk ruining him. His confidence could be destroyed completely.

There's no way he could perform well behind our crap back four anyway. Grant has been śhite lately but this isn't the time to make such a drastic change. 

If we're gonna kick players out who make mistakes, we wouldn't have a bloody team.

The keeper is the last man, on his own, seems to me attacking players often find it too easy to streak through midfield, then a woeful defence.

If anybody should go, it shouldn't be Grant. Why should he be a scapegoat for a crap back 4? 

​Personally I am not sure how having a crap back 4 explains:-

(a) letting goals in at the near post

(b) letting goals in direct from corners

(c) punching the ball into your own net

(d) kicking the ball to the opposition

(e) kicking waist high passes to full backs who are under pressure

Now if the criticism was not coming off his line to collect crosses or staying on his line for through balls I could understand how that could be blamed on no confidence in the back 4, but the things listed above I can't.

On the whole Grant has a had a decent season but in the last 2 months he has been awful and cost us valuable points. At a time when McClaren is happy to play the okey cokey with all other players who are out of form I just don't understand why the goalkeeper is immune.

Fair enough, but let's be fair here, the other team members are guilty of huge cockups anorl. 

​Yes of course but most of them have paid the price for their cockups...

I am not a fan of Keogh but during our drop in form he has been by far our best defender (other than Whitbread but he has not played enough) so I do not think dropping him would make any difference to Grant's form, however both of them are immune to the chop so guess we will never know!

Would dropping Grant make any difference to the back 4? 

Swings and roundabouts really isn't it? What they all need is a massive confidence boost.

Yes we either need to play him or lose him. I also think we should give Calero a chance and probably Santos too - certainly if we're in the Championship. Overall if we stay down we need a new RB I want to see more of Raul to fully evaluate his potential, Warnock will be ok, Thorne will be fine if fit, sign Ince and Bent (latter prob won't get) keep Hughes if poss, sell Bryson and Hendrick keep Martin and Russell and we have the basis of a good side for next year.

Swings and roundabouts really isn't it? What they all need is a massive confidence boost.

​I don't think it will make the back 4 any better but hopefully it would half the number of ridiculous goals we are conceding if we have a goalkeeper who is making the right decisions when it comes to punching, catching and kicking.

I think it is too late in the day for worrying about confidence boosts for the defensive line, the only boost they will get is seeing George Thorne lining up in front of them which, in my opinion, should not be happening.

In fairness to Grant, on this occasion, I think he was unlucky. Having looked at the goal on tv in slow motion, the rolls back to him perfectly on a perfect looking pitch and then at the last moment bobbles up in the air when he already in the action of swinging his leg. But, what was Forsyth playing at on the line?

Do you lot only post after a few drinks as this thread is absolute rubbish. Our back four has been useless since the Buxton problem (for whatever reason) everyone has been swapped and positions changed weekly, how can the goalkeeper be responsible for a chaotic defence Grant has prevented us from shipping 5 or 6 in recent games due to wonderful saves when the defence opening like the red sea. Black and white sea in this instance.

Don't blame the keeper, blame the manager.

Worth remembering that the origin of our problems is injuries to Martin, Thorne, Eustace and others. "Blame" doesn't really help. 1 game, 3 games or 4 games left. Might as well get behind them then go on you holidays and get ready for silly season. We'll have a 200 page epic signing thread to enjoy in a few weeks.

Do you lot only post after a few drinks as this thread is absolute rubbish. Our back four has been useless since the Buxton problem (for whatever reason) everyone has been swapped and positions changed weekly, how can the goalkeeper be responsible for a chaotic defence Grant has prevented us from shipping 5 or 6 in recent games due to wonderful saves when the defence opening like the red sea. Black and white sea in this instance.

Don't blame the keeper, blame the manager.

​The manager is to blame for the goalkeeper letting in goals direct from corners and for punching the ball into his own net? I'll have a pint of what you're drinking please...

​Agreeing that they seriously need confidence boost! Clean sheet against Reading would do the world of good. But these mental aspects are sometimes so strange you wouldn't believe.. what I have experienced, changing keeper could make them play better. I would compare it to managerial change; same players but they may start to play as they can.

Roos in goal could wake up our defenders. Especially Shotton and Christie who both look too casual most of the time. In Christie's case, it has cost us quite a few goals.

If nothing happens, there's no harm dropping player who is badly out of form and doing mistakes way too often.

Archived