Huddersfield Town vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I get a refund on my season ticket renewal? This is abysmal.

​Yep, but you would be better off asking at the ticket office rather than on here.

Doubt that the ticket office will be open when you get back from Huddersfield so would leave it until tomorrow.

Hope they tell you to Go Away if you try and come back next time we are doing well.

The defence is obviosuly a problem, but one thing that irks me is how we are seemingly shot-shy in the final third.

Mentioned before but Norwich, Brentford, Watford and Bournemouth regularly rack up 20 shots a game - even when they lose. 

We're playing like Boro but without a good defence. If we're not clinical, we're vulnerable to losing. It's too controlling, and far too blunt in the final third.

We used to be an awesome attacking team - what has happened? We've managed just three shots so far this game - that's woeful.

I remember posting when I 1st joined how a red dog relative living nr Boro told me how the fans there hated his negativity towards the end, how I laughed in his face at the time, not so funny now. What on earth has happened?

Same with Twente fans. 

But those clubs didn't have Bryso

The defence is obviosuly a problem, but one thing that irks me is how we are seemingly shot-shy in the final third.

Mentioned before but Norwich, Brentford, Watford and Bournemouth regularly rack up 20 shots a game - even when they lose. 

We're playing like Boro but without a good defence. If we're not clinical, we're vulnerable to losing. It's too controlling, and far too blunt in the final third.

We used to be an awesome attacking team - what has happened? We've managed just three shots so far this game - that's woeful.

​Three loaners up front, are they as into it as our own players?

I genuinely don't think I can take much more of this season - the way we have collapsed in the last two months is absolutely pathetic. I cannot believe that professional footballers can **** up a simple task like defending a lead against nonentities like Huddersfield so badly. We don't deserve the playoffs.

Will Hughes worth 15 million? Hendrick one of the best young players in the Championship? Time for our midfield to impose themselves, stop looking for someone to lead and take the responsibility themselves.

Without them we'd be in trouble mate. Bent plays how he's always played and has 12 in 15.

Ince has been brilliant

​Yep. If Ince and Bent had scored half the goals they have, which would still be an exceptional return, we would be out of this. 

​Three loaners up front, are they as into it as our own players?

​I don't think that really matters.

Prior to them joining, we had a number of games where we rarely failed to test the opposite goalkeeper.

In our combined wins against Wolves, Reading and Cardiff - 10-0 - we actually only managed about 15 shots in total. Less than what our rivals get on a weekly basis.

I'm not saying we should just start having pops from anywhere within 30 yards of their goal, but for the amount of times we enter the final third it's criminal we aren't creating more chances.

When brentford came to the Ipro the other week, I was massivley impressed that they simply looked like scoring everytime they came near our goal. Maybe our defence didn't help, but they worked their opportunties well and took shots.

We, on the other hand, enter the final third and then it breaks down. I don't put it down to a lack of quality, more a lack of ideas and that's ultimately the manager and coaching staff's fault.

I genuinely don't think I can take much more of this season - the way we have collapsed in the last two months is absolutely pathetic. I cannot believe that professional footballers can **** up a simple task like defending a lead against nonentities like Huddersfield so badly. We don't deserve the playoffs.

Without them we'd be in trouble mate. Bent plays how he's always played and has 12 in 15.

Ince has been brilliant

​They've both scored goals I agree with you Alpha, but Ince looks selfish to me and Bent certainly doesn't ft our style so I think "accommodating" them has had an effect on our general play and clearly their goals haven't been enough to get us the points to be top six certainties.

Will Hughes worth 15 million? Hendrick one of the best young players in the Championship? Time for our midfield to impose themselves, stop looking for someone to lead and take the responsibility themselves.

Hughes does mate. It's not him that sees a pass, has a pint and and a pie. Has a quick blast on his Nintendo DS and then expects everyone to wait.

You can't expect him to defend corners either

Archived