Newcastle fans

AndyinLiverpool

What's Newcastle's obsession with appointing British managers?

Their scouting network over the past 10 years has been diobolical - no wonder they've been stuck in a goldfish tank (as Jenas once put) fo so long.

They continually bring in duffers, always picking up the rubbish players the bigger clubs don't want - Obertan for instance.

Looking at their squad, who are the majority of these average players? Seriously, what has gone on with their spending over the years? Sir Bobby Robson had a cracking team, nowadays they are rubbish.

They need an attacking foreign coach with a decent scouting network to bring in top players. Paco Jemez is such an obvious choice!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​By that logic, if it wasn't for the 3 amigos we'd be a top six PL mainstay. 

​we should be yeah, founding members of the league, supplied the home nations with players for a long long time, two pre war titles, finest managers, look we are one the most respected clubs in history, john Gregory left a good ranking Aston Villa side to come to us, how often do Managers refuse to come here, Albert left a 8th placed La Liga side to come to us, come on don't talk us down...

​we should be yeah, founding members of the league, supplied the home nations with players for a long long time, two pre war titles, finest managers, look we are one the most respected clubs in history, john Gregory left a good ranking Aston Villa side to come to us, how often do Managers refuse to come here, Albert left a 8th placed La Liga side to come to us, come on don't talk us down...

​uh? Didn't think we won anything before the war!

wow, wow and wow again.​

​you impressed ?

​Still waiting to see your list of top ten clubs in England with Newcastle in the top 3 and Derby in the top 10....!!!

Pre-war winners of the league....interesting..

Founder members.....you mean like Accrington

Finest managers.....Tommy Doc....Colin Todd....Phi Brown...Paul Jewell...

Albertosa....a donkey....and do you think he left for anything else but money..? he was at a third rate Spanish team in a league that is even more dominated by 3 clubs than the Premiershite.

so yes i am more than impressed.. keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing your list of top 10 clubs in England.....

​Still waiting to see your list of top ten clubs in England with Newcastle in the top 3 and Derby in the top 10....!!!

Pre-war winners of the league....interesting..

Founder members.....you mean like Accrington

Finest managers.....Tommy Doc....Colin Todd....Phi Brown...Paul Jewell...

Albertosa....a donkey....and do you think he left for anything else but money..? he was at a third rate Spanish team in a league that is even more dominated by 3 clubs than the Premiershite.

so yes i am more than impressed.. keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing your list of top 10 clubs in England.....

​is it because you don't love me...

I was in Newcastle this week and the cabbie was a big Toon fan. He was telling me about the protest and said they all hate Mike Ashley. I asked him if he'd heard about the MacClaren rumours and he said yes

Swiftly followed by "aye and ye can fookin' kip im! We dinnae wan tha twa a Newcastle"

Which backs up what most believe - that SMC taking the Necastle job is on a hiding to nothing

Albentosa....a donkey....and do you think he left for anything else but money..? he was at a third rate Spanish team in a league that is even more dominated by 3 clubs than the Premiershite.

​How many times have you seen Albentosa play? How many times have you seen Eibar play?

​How many times have you seen Albentosa play? How many times have you seen Eibar play?

​Enough.....you can tell he cant play after 5 minutes.... and do you need to see a team play very often when they are 3 points of relegation in a league as average as theirs?

A few of my close mates are Newcastle fans, not to mention my girlfriend's Dad.

All of them are pretty unhappy with the idea of having the Mac. 

​I'm afraid that's right. I've lived up here for 30 years plus and know lots of Toon fans [many of whom are quite sensible].

Steve won't need me to tell him that he's not the No.1 choice with the fans....

I hope he stays with us for a number of reasons.

Archived