Newcastle fans

AndyinLiverpool

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 organised protests in 6 months. The first got their way, with Pardew out the door; the second apparently wants the owner to follow.

Either they get their way and a new owner comes in or they don't and it ends up being like Blackburn a couple of years ago.

Either way, not a pleasant environment for a manager.

I dont know what they have got to moan about, they are where they are because that is about how good they are.... they will never win the league, that ship has sailed long ago.

They houned Padiolla out of his job and he must be laughing his little smarmy cockney wide boy face off at them every second of every day.

They wont go down, they wont win the league...they are in that group of teams like Everton, Villa, Southampton, Swansea, Liverpool, Tottenham etc etc that their best hope is an FA Cup run every fouth or fifth season

Ideas above thier station, but we can't slate them because after all they are the Geordie Nation with the best supporters in the world...

Newcastle is a fantastic football club and one I would like to see challenge the likes of United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I really cannot stand the arrogance of the supporters of the aforementioned clubs who seem to think history, fanbase and legacy should be the reason they should be up there while everyone else should only be able to dream about success.

I used to despise Man City for spending money but now I don't even remember why. Their fans have been through thick and thin, so why shouldn't they have a little bit of success? Does them having a smaller fanbase than the others mean they're less deserving - if so, then why do we even bother?

The only way clubs like us, City and to a lesser extent Tottenham and Newcastle will become successful is by spending money. 

Luckily for the three 'big' clubs, however, FFP has ruined that dream for the majority. 

We've had people murmuring "McClaren out".

Imagine how that looks from the outside. Worse than Newcastle. 

it's funny though. They had all these grand ideas about who might replace Pardew. I don't think Carver was considered worthy. Totally deluded. They (like us) thought that a top manager might look at their attendances and think "wow, I need to manage them"

Baffled by the idea that a manager might not care about attendances. 

I would have thought that from Fat Sam to Shearer to Hughton up to Carver including no trophies, no finals and a relegation they might get an idea of the level they're at. 

Don't mind Newcastle but it is a bit funny watching their confused faces.

Newcastle should really be up there, if I remember correctly Newcastle is the biggest city in Europe with only one football team? Might just be UK. Point still stands, big club that a greedy owner is ruining.

Big clubs win trophies, and they don't. .....it doesn't matter how many teams are from the city....

Anthony Eden

Harold MacMillan

Alec Douglas-Home

Harold Wilson (twice)

Edward Heath

James Callaghan

That woman

John Major

Tony Blair

Gordon Brown

David Cameron

They are all the people who've been Prime Minister since Newcastle last won a domestic trophy (and it was against 10 men for most of the match). If Churchill had lasted another month, he'd have made the list too.

The period is almost as long as the present queen's reign.

History, fan base, everybody has moved onto a different level, without Ashley tight wallet they would be top 3

​They had a couple of good seasons under 'Luv it' Keegan, but have done nothing before or since over a 50 year period.

History, fan base, everybody has moved onto a different level, without Ashley tight wallet they would be top 3

History of what? Mediocrity?

Last league title in the 20s. Huddersfield, Ipswich, Burnley are examples of teams that have won the league since then. 

Runners up up twice in that time.

can't see why they'd be top 3 without the present owner. 

Ha ha ha. Course they would. 

Tell me when the last time they won something...? Not while you and I have been alive that is for sure.

we have won the league twice you know..? 

Archived