missing. . .

Derbados

I think the players will be glad when this season is over. They don't look like they are enjoying it, and the relationship with the crowd is strained.

it would seem that craig has not had the relationship with schteve that he enjoyed with the previous manager.

not only did he miss wembley, schteve has constantly picked hendrick ahead of bryson this season. I think he also tried to change his game.

but.......craig keeps getting opportunities to play, and when he does play he should show schteve what he has been missing.

M8 there is a bigger picture here and most of the fans don't see it , but look no further than who is in charge , craig keeps getting opportunities but as a holding midfielder ? Give me a break Craig's game is all about getting forward and running off Chris Martin , the fact that mclaren keeps picking players out of position will for certain mean another season in the championship  ,his signings have been poor and I will go though them 

albentosa -we have loads of central defenders , he's the worst

warnock - don't get that signing either , yea Forsyth needed competition but surely in January a youngster could have been brought in to do that 

bent - should only play when and if Chris Martin is injured , otherwise it should be the bench

lingaard - I think he's shown more than the rest of them but for some reason does not get selected 

ince- can't say he's not a good player but Tom Ince plays for Tom Ince and again is no team player 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M8 there is a bigger picture here and most of the fans don't see it , but look no further than who is in charge , craig keeps getting opportunities but as a holding midfielder ? Give me a break Craig's game is all about getting forward and running off Chris Martin , the fact that mclaren keeps picking players out of position will for certain mean another season in the championship  ,his signings have been poor and I will go though them 

warnock - don't get that signing either , yea Forsyth needed competition but surely in January a youngster could have been brought in to do that 

bent - should only play when and if Chris Martin is injured , otherwise it should be the bench

lingaard - I think he's shown more than the rest of them but for some reason does not get selected 

ince- can't say he's not a good player but Tom Ince plays for Tom Ince and again is no team player 

Jesus get a hold of yourself ​Craig was only played in a deeper role yesterday for 45mins even then it was hardly a convetional DM we needed a goal so we went for it no point bringing hanson on 1-0 down.

As for your assessment of the player brought in since jan well I cant disagree with you more:

Albentosa - Just made a big move to a foreign country and can barely speak the language he needs time.

Warnock - Has only started 2 league games and the Reading cup game aside has acquitted himself well that sliding tackle alone when Gray was through on goal again yesterday was terrific. He is a good talker as well, there was no one else who could compete with Forsyth hence why we have him.

Bent - Seriously are you mad? on the bench? this man has virtually carried us since January bagging us 10 vital goals. He has to start he is our only inform player.

Lingaard - Has looked the worse of the January signings which is why he is on the bench too lightweight and very little end product, he tries though.

Ince - Like Bent has been our only threat since coming in you cant expect him to run around like a headless chicken ala Russell or Bryson. A top winger and his goals show that.

Jesus get a hold of yourself ​Craig was only played in a deeper role yesterday for 45mins even then it was hardly a convetional DM we needed a goal so we went for it no point bringing hanson on 1-0 down.

As for your assessment of the player brought in since jan well I cant disagree with you more:

Albentosa - Just made a big move to a foreign country and can barely speak the language he needs time.

Warnock - Has only started 2 league games and the Reading cup game aside has acquitted himself well that sliding tackle alone when Gray was through on goal again yesterday was terrific. He is a good talker as well, there was no one else who could compete with Forsyth hence why we have him.

Bent - Seriously are you mad? on the bench? this man has virtually carried us since January bagging us 10 vital goals. He has to start he is our only inform player.

Lingaard - Has looked the worse of the January signings which is why he is on the bench too lightweight and very little end product, he tries though.

Ince - Like Bent has been our only threat since coming in you cant expect him to run around like a headless chicken ala Russell or Bryson. A top winger and his goals show that.

Is that you Steve ? 

​Bent our only in-form player? Ince a 'top winger', 'his goals show that'. Are you joking? Playing Bent on the off-chance that he'll get a goal and rescue us some points (as he did yesterday) is not worth it when his selection is one of complete detriment to any sort of philosophy or plan we have. With Bent on the pitch, we may as well be playing with 10 men until the ball gets into the opposition penalty area. Has Bent rescued some vital points for us? Yes. Should he be playing when Chris Martin is fit, and he is essentially a passenger for 90 minutes? No. Play the formation and style which up until Martin's injury had served us so well and bring Bent on in the last 30 minutes if you're desperate for a goal. His inclusion, along with the fact that our defenders are seemingly being told not to play it out from the back any more has been the factor which has seen our performances suffer.

As for Ince, similarly to Bent, apart from his goals he offers very, very little. Playing out wide, defenders know all he wants to do is cut inside, once they've figured that out he is completely ineffective. Plus the fact that it means we are consistently playing Johnny Russell on the left as opposed to the right where he is more effective (granted he is massively out of form at the moment). Would you rather persist with an out of form team full of contracted players, or shoe-horn in some loan players who I honestly don't think share the same passion as the rest of the squad? How do you think our contracted players feel when they see Ince and Bent starting every game when available? McClaren, during this poor run, has substituted our philosophy and style for direct players who offer very little in the build up, in the hope that, as Bent did yesterday, they will pop up with a goal. I would much rather watch 90 minutes of our team trying to play the way we have come accustomed to, rather than pathetic, hopeful football like we saw yesterday, made even worse by the fact we were 1-0 down and didn't seem to know how to correct the situation. 

As for the next game, Ince and Bent out, Forsyth out. Let's go back to our 4-3-3, give Hanson a chance again, and try to play football again. Against Watford and Wolves, disappointing results, we tried to play football (given in a 4-2-3-1) and they were thoroughly more enjoyable than sitting yesterday not thinking we were ever going to score.

I have had a word with the Club Valley and they agree wee Craig is lacking in confidence.

If he is picked to start on Tuesday they have agreed that you can hold his hand through the tunnel and onto the pitch.  You can reassume your position up his ****after the full 90 minutes are completed.

I am with @Alpha Signia. People get hung up over his scoring achievements of last season. It was exactly that, an achievement. Add his scoring tally up and divide by seasons and he averages 5 goals, just shows last season was a flash in the pan.

Personally do not rate him as a Championship footballer, just doesnt seem to have a tactical brain on him. There were times yesterday he would make a run forward, Forsyth would be about to play him in then as he goes to pass the ball over the top Bryson starts tracking backing rather than pushing on, if he had a tactical brain he would know the ball would be coming over the top to him if he continue running.

​This is the key for me. Is it down to Bryson or is it a tactical decision form Steve?

I have no idea, but if its Steve's decision then its harsh to blame Bryson. 

​This is the key for me. Is it down to Bryson or is it a tactical decision form Steve?

I have no idea, but if its Steve's decision then its harsh to blame Bryson. 

Uve hit the nail on the head m8 , Bryso is playing to instructions , does it help him ? No

but worse than that does it help the team ? No 

​Bent our only in-form player? Ince a 'top winger', 'his goals show that'. Are you joking? Playing Bent on the off-chance that he'll get a goal and rescue us some points (as he did yesterday) is not worth it when his selection is one of complete detriment to any sort of philosophy or plan we have. With Bent on the pitch, we may as well be playing with 10 men until the ball gets into the opposition penalty area. Has Bent rescued some vital points for us? Yes. Should he be playing when Chris Martin is fit, and he is essentially a passenger for 90 minutes? No. Play the formation and style which up until Martin's injury had served us so well and bring Bent on in the last 30 minutes if you're desperate for a goal. His inclusion, along with the fact that our defenders are seemingly being told not to play it out from the back any more has been the factor which has seen our performances suffer.

As for Ince, similarly to Bent, apart from his goals he offers very, very little. Playing out wide, defenders know all he wants to do is cut inside, once they've figured that out he is completely ineffective. Plus the fact that it means we are consistently playing Johnny Russell on the left as opposed to the right where he is more effective (granted he is massively out of form at the moment). Would you rather persist with an out of form team full of contracted players, or shoe-horn in some loan players who I honestly don't think share the same passion as the rest of the squad? How do you think our contracted players feel when they see Ince and Bent starting every game when available? McClaren, during this poor run, has substituted our philosophy and style for direct players who offer very little in the build up, in the hope that, as Bent did yesterday, they will pop up with a goal. I would much rather watch 90 minutes of our team trying to play the way we have come accustomed to, rather than pathetic, hopeful football like we saw yesterday, made even worse by the fact we were 1-0 down and didn't seem to know how to correct the situation. 

As for the next game, Ince and Bent out, Forsyth out. Let's go back to our 4-3-3, give Hanson a chance again, and try to play football again. Against Watford and Wolves, disappointing results, we tried to play football (given in a 4-2-3-1) and they were thoroughly more enjoyable than sitting yesterday not thinking we were ever going to score.

Think you may have assumed rather a lot from my comment and gone rather off topic but no I am not joking Ince 7 goals in 14 Russell 6 in 35 speaks for itself. Goals win you games not styles of play if you can get them both together then great but I am sure we would play our 'system' and 'style' if we had the players available but there isnt anymore so we make do. I doubt that they are but if contracted players are getting upset about loanees getting ahead of them on form they need their heads checking. 

The team is much better with these loan players in and at this stage of the season it is only about results .You play those who are playing well, scoring or otherwise contributing to the teams. Unfortunately as much as I like Bryson he is not in any of these categories.

But i don't think that they are his signings........

Uve hit the nail on the head m8 , Bryso is playing to instructions , does it help him ? No

but worse than that does it help the team ? No 

​Playing to instructions?

So Mac instructed him to run around like a headless chicken against Forest and leave our central midfield area completely empty and our defence exposed?

This is clearly absolute rubbish... It would be the equivalent of telling Ronaldo to drop back, pass it more and stop shooting.

Bryson netted 16 odd goals last season, I doubt the first thing Mac told him to do was no longer go near the opposition's penalty area. Face it, last season was an anomaly and your boy has just gone back to being average.

Can't believe people are slagging off Albentosa already, who is both new to the English game, and not match fit.

Warnock has barely played since January, you can't expect someone with no match fitness to walk into a new team and transform it.

With the Wembley thing I honestly think Hendrick deserved the start as he was immense the games previous to Wembley (Nothing like this season thoe clumsy, has no idea what he's doing etc not producing the goal scoring form he shown previous).

IMO Bryson is very good player but only in one role, which he is not currently playing. His strength is running and especially running forward. How many times we've seen that this year? He has to keep his position at the middle so he is in so called right position when we lose the ball.

He has been player of the season twice already. Yes, our team may have been average at best but he has been better. Role him right and he will be productive.

Sausage, I feel like valleyram.

Archived