Martin or Hulse

1977 Ram Raider

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming that the question was framed on the basis of what both showed/continues to show during their times at Derby,which would kick "Hulse in his prime" into touch.On that basis,Martin comfortably gets my vote.

​Harry Kane couldn't get in the Leicester Championship side a couple of seasons ago, now he's the top scorer in the Prem

Let's hope Derby and Martin have a crack at the Prem next season .

I do hope so I'm looking for Brighton favour tonight 

I'll remember Martin longer than Hulse.

Think Rasiak and Howard are more memorable to me than Hulse. Probably more to do with the success of the teams though than individuals. Hulse played for us at a terrible time. 

If you built a dream Derby side and was FORCED to have Hulse or Martin based on what they played like at Derby I don't see any reason to pick Hulse. 

Like with Mikel Beck. Whatever he did elsewhere he isn't remembered here as a good striker. Based on what we saw you wouldn't have him over Paul Dickov or John Macken 

Martin couldn't get in Norwich prem side 

Hang on, are you championing the same Rob Hulse that couldn't even get into QPR's squad of 25 in the Premier League? In their relegation season?  That puts him on even keel with Jon Macken for us! 

For what it's worth, I'd love to have seen how Hulse would've done in this team. He was an immense team player. Expected to be a defender of set plays, win headers and flick the ball on, chest it down at half way, and score goals. He carried Derby and kept Clough in a job! 

I rated Hulse and was chuffed when he didn't go to Boro, he was also a shining light alongside Commons in a pretty average side.  Still, not a patch on Martin's overall contribution to the team.

​Chuffed?

I hated his loyalty. I think I still do, we surely needed those millions back then.

Hulse scored the winner against Forest at the then Pride Park and also got us back into another Forest gams at the City Ground along with Commons. 

Doesnt that count for anything at all then. 

​Your argument is really strange. Why does scoring a few goals against Forest make him a  better player? I loved Hulse and rated him really highly but he's nowhere near as good as Martin. 

Archived