Martin or Hulse

1977 Ram Raider

Think you'll find Martin has played in the PL. He was at Norwich, he's played 4 games but wasn't really given a chance. He'd get in a few PL teams now. I imagine a handful of clubs in the PL would love to have him.

Did he score 

PS Martin is great in Derbyshire system. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he score 

PS Martin is great in Derbyshire system. 

​No as I said, he wasn't given a fair chance. Four games in a newly promoted side. That includes sub appearances. I'm glad he didn't get a chance at the PL for Norwich because it's possible he wouldn't be here now if he did get the chance.

​No as I said, he wasn't given a fair chance. Four games in a newly promoted side. That includes sub appearances. I'm glad he didn't get a chance at the PL for Norwich because it's possible he wouldn't be here now if he did get the chance.

So am i

The question was Martin or Hulse and I said I can't chose as both are good but it's an unfair comparison . 

Get off your high horse I like Martin but I liked Hulse 

​No high horse at all, but all you had to do was run a comparison - not bring in their experience elsewhere. 

Miller scored in the Premier League for us, does that make him a better player than Martin? Of course not. 

Instead of looking at their background, where they've come from and what other people have said, you should just look at a player as a player. 

Ryan Mason plays for Tottenham most weeks, he's now an England international too. However, in my opinion, he's not as good as Will Hughes. He doesn't have the touch, vision, passing ability...etc but just because he plays in the Premier League for a big club, Hodgson called him up.

The division shouldn't matter; a player's ability is his ability. 

​No high horse at all, but all you had to do was run a comparison - not bring in their experience elsewhere. 

Miller scored in the Premier League for us, does that make him a better player than Martin? Of course not. 

Instead of looking at their background, where they've come from and what other people have said, you should just look at a player as a player. 

Ryan Mason plays for Tottenham most weeks, he's now an England international too. However, in my opinion, he's not as good as Will Hughes. He doesn't have the touch, vision, passing ability...etc but just because he plays in the Premier League for a big club, Hodgson called him up.

The division shouldn't matter; a player's ability is his ability. 

Some players can't hack it in the Prem 

Some players can't hack it in the Prem 

​Some players from the Prem can't hack it in the Championship.

A good player is a good player. 

I think if more people opened their eyes to that rather than the team or background they played for then the England team would have prospered more since the influx of foreign talent to the so called 'top teams' 

​Some players from the Prem can't hack it in the Championship.

A good player is a good player. 

I think if more people opened their eyes to that rather than the team or background they played for then the England team would have prospered more since the influx of foreign talent to the so called 'top teams' 

Rickie Lambert was better than Martin arguably in the Championship but struggles at Liverpool. 

Rickie Lambert was better than Martin arguably in the Championship but struggles at Liverpool. 

The same Rickie Lambert that scored 1 in 3 in the Prem for Southampton? It's really hard to keep up with the point you're making sometimes curtains!

​Lambert scored 15 goals on his debut season in the Prem, 13 the season after. 

Just because he doesn't fit the system at Liverpool doesn't change who he is as a player. Why else do you think players go in and out of form? It's a natural phenomenon, as well as difference in styles. 

Coquelin is doing better at Arsenal than he did for Charlton this season.  

My oranges are better than your apples.

Stupid comparisons are stupid.

Coming next, a literary question:

Who is better, Emily Bronte or Emile Zola?

Archived