Martin or Hulse

1977 Ram Raider

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martins never played in Premier League . Hulse has scored in Prem but broke his leg badly. 

Unfair comparison so can't chose S both very good .

Messi has never played in the Premier League either, is Hulse better than him too?

Martin clear winner. Hulse was good for us but Martin is an absolute star who puts up more goals and contributes far more to the team.

I rated Hulse and was chuffed when he didn't go to Boro, he was also a shining light alongside Commons in a pretty average side.  Still, not a patch on Martin's overall contribution to the team.

You won't know how good Martin is until he plays in Premier League like Hulse pre broken leg.  

Messi has never played in the Premier League either, is Hulse better than him too?

Martin clear winner. Hulse was good for us but Martin is an absolute star who puts up more goals and contributes far more to the team.

I think Barcelona are better than all Premier League sides. Just look at Champions League this time round 

You won't know how good Martin is until he plays in Premier League like Hulse pre broken leg.  

​I know how good he is now, in a team which have been on the cusp of automatics with him as a focal point.  I also know that I watched Hulse whilst he was with us too, and I would comfortably have Martin over him. 

​I know how good he is now, in a team which have been on the cusp of automatics with him as a focal point.  I also know that I watched Hulse whilst he was with us too, and I would comfortably have Martin over him. 

Well I wouldn't. 

Hulse was better in his prime 

​That's what is wrong with English football supporters' thinking.

There are more leagues in England than just one and just because a certain player hasn't played in it shouldn't make a squat of difference. 

A player's ability is a player's ability. It doesn't differ or change depending on which league he is in. Shotton played in the Premier League, yet I would argue ability-wise he's probably our worst defender.

Martin.

I find it strange that during his first loan spell people couldn't see the technical ability and footballing brain he had. I was delighted when he joined on a free but some fans were very sceptical as to why we were starting a season with Martin up front as the focal point. Second game of the season he starts away at Brighton, scores two and since then has been the best striker at this club for a long time. Quality player.

Think you'll find Martin has played in the PL. He was at Norwich, he's played 4 games but wasn't really given a chance. He'd get in a few PL teams now. I imagine a handful of clubs in the PL would love to have him.

Archived