A team for a tough match

King Kevin

Poom

Webster              Stimac              McFarland              Buckley

Rioch                   Mackay          Van der Lan

George               Harford               Lee

Subs  Wignall  Carlin Gemmill  Newton Mcgrath

Derby's hardest team ? No shrinking violets in there and a couple of genuine  tough players ,Mick Harford for one and of course Dave Mackay.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many fancy Dans in that side for me... Stimac was never a hard man in a million months of Sundays.

However, the likes of Micky Harford, van der Laan, and of course from yesteryear ... Mackay ... no arguments....how about Hennessey in the midfield?

For out and out rough and tumble, during my time as a fan at least, some more names to consider.

Kuhl , Savage, Seth, Bucko, 'Ooh' Mark Wright, Bywater, Steve Howard.

​Oh come on ... Robbie was as rough and tough as they come..cult .legend.
I heard that Jay McEverley was a bit of a nut job ... trouble off the pitch and that.

Mind you, if we're going down the route of 'out and out psycho' ... Bob Malcolm wouldn't be a bad shout.

​I think you'd struggle to find anyone who thought Savage had a crunching tackle in him, let alone that he was tough.

Personally, I had him down as an ankle-tapping shadow chaser, never got near enough to anyone to be hard. This surprises me that you consider him to be this, I genuinely berated him for lack of actual aggression. All he did was flick his hair and react to the referee.

But I'm sure you can find some crunching tackles of Savage, other than the ones where referees knock him over!

micky Lewis......one awful tackle midweek game home to Liverpool as they equaled no. Of games unbeaten from
start of season.....MoTD commentator whinced at a slow motion replay of the knee high tackle...on Barnes from memory

1/ Michael Forsyth I have fond memories of him passing the ball a pace to the opposition just so he could dump em in the popside.

2/ Sean Flynn he was like a Jack Russel on angry pills. 

3/ Martyn Khul he smashed Stuart Pearce all over the Sh1ty Ground and "Psycho???" Didn't dare do anything about it. 

4/ John Gregory could put a foot in too as I remember. 

5/ Mark Wright would pick a fit with his own shadow if the mood took him. I remember him scoring an own goal against Norwich then later that match sprinting 50 yards plus to Lamp Trevor Puttney (who went down like a sack of Shnit). 

1/ Michael Forsyth I have fond memories of him passing the ball at pace to the opposition just so he could dump em in the popside.

2/ Sean Flynn he was like a Jack Russel on angry pills. 

3/ Martyn Khul he smashed Stuart Pearce all over the Sh1ty Ground and "Psycho???" Didn't dare do anything about it. 

4/ John Gregory could put a foot in too as I remember. 

5/ Mark Wright would pick a fit with his own shadow if the mood took him. I remember him scoring an own goal against Norwich then later that match sprinting 50 yards plus to Lamp Trevor Puttney (who went down like a sack of Shnit). 

Archived