Your supporting years Derby best 11

Ramos

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boulton  Webster  Todd  McFarland  Nish  Durban  Carlin  Gemmill  Hector  George  Hinton

Boulton gets the nod because, on the very few occasions he made a mistake,he didn't try to blame others for it. Durban gets the nod over Rioch because I found some of the latter's challenges highly distasteful. If we'd had Dave a little earlier,he'd have waltzed into my midfield.

Poom

Blades x Laursen √

Wright

Stimac

C Powell

Eranio

Gregory

Idiakez

Van Der Laan

Saunders

Goddard

Honourable mentions for Hughesy, Wanchope, McGrath, Martin, Simpson, McMinn, Sturridge (when fit), Bryson (up until Nov this year) and Bobby D. Although some of the players are not necessarily the best they are in there as they always had the ability to conjue up something. Loved RVL as he had both Dutch guile and Brit grit.

Blades is the only one i'm unsure on. Sage and Brayford maybe................i know Laursen.

sad to see how badly some fans have ben treated with the lack of class they have had to endure....anyone who has to have Seth Johnson in their best ever starting 11 really hasnt seen very much at all.

Shilton

Sage

Forsyth (Michael)

Wright

Stimac

Asanovic

Williams (George)

Gregory

McMinn

Davison

Saunders

not a balanced side at all....but what a bunch of players.....and not many runners or tracking back from midfield that is for sure!!!

Saunders

Osman                         Baiano                    Eranio

Huddlestone                  Carsley

Powell           Štimac               Wright          Laursen

Poom

What happened?  Why did he get slaughtered?

I am always surprised when people pick Boulton (although I never saw him play) or Poom over Shilton.  I thought Shilton was great form us, England's number 1 and still one of the best keepers in the world.

Since the days of the original key club, can't remember the year as I was so young. 

................................Poom(over Shilts as he was past his prime by then).............

Laursen...........Wright............Stimac................C.Powell

...........Eranio........Van Der Laan.........McMinn

........Biano........Saunders......Davison 

Subs: McGrath, Wanchope, G Williams, Micklewhite, Blades, indiakez, Kinky, Hebberd, Goddard, Gabiadini, Asanovic, Sturridge, Shilton, Huges, Martin, 

not balanced and some out of position but what a bunch of players I have had the opportunity to watch! 

Matthews

Mozley    Howe

Bullions    Leuty    Musson

Powell T.    Doherty   Stamps   Carter   Duncan

Reserves: Stimac, McFarland, Daniel, Eranio, Hector, Poom, Baiano, Barrowcliffe, Straw, Harrison, Asanovic, Wanchope, Curry, Mackay, Forsyth M.,George, Kinkladze, Idiakez, Langan, Robson, Webster, McMinn, Morrison, Nish, Shilton, Durban, Rioch, Saunders, Davison, Steel, Morris, Strupar, Todd and Webster.

Being a decrepit old git does have some advantages!!

Matthews

Mozley    Howe

Reserves: Stimac, McFarland, Daniel, Eranio, Hector, Poom, Baiano, Barrowcliffe, Straw, Harrison, Asanovic, Wanchope, Curry, Mackay, Forsyth M.,George, Kinkladze, Idiakez, Langan, Robson, Webster, McMinn, Morrison, Nish, Shilton, Durban, Rioch, Saunders, Davison, Steel, Morris, Strupar, Todd and Webster.

Matthews

Mozley    Howe

Matthews

Mozley    Howe

Hmmmm...

----------------------------------------Shilton

Eranio----------------Stimac-----------------M Wright-------------C Powell

-------------------------Asanovic--------------Osman

McMinn-----------------------------Commons------------------------Simpson

----------------------------------------Saunders

Subs - Poom, Laursen, I Taylor, Hughes, Reich, Biano, Wanchope

Shilton

Laursen        Wright       Stimac          Forsyth

Eranio     Asanovic     McMinn

Biano

Saunders                 Martin

Subs:

Poom

Williams (George)

Goddard

Micklewhite

Wanchope

Gabbiadini

West

sad to see how badly some fans have ben treated with the lack of class they have had to endure....anyone who has to have Seth Johnson in their best ever starting 11 really hasnt seen very much at all.

Shilton

Sage

Forsyth (Michael)

Wright

Stimac

Asanovic

Williams (George)

Gregory

McMinn

Davison

Saunders

not a balanced side at all....but what a bunch of players.....and not many runners or tracking back from midfield that is for sure!!!

Archived