title fight still alive

B4ev6is

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never look at the 'easy' games the top clubs might have.Some on here were looking at a batch of 'easy' games a few weeks ago,the ones that were going to give us a cushion against the tougher games coming up,and we all know what happened there.The only fixture I look at is Norwich v Boro,where either both could suffer a 2 point prang,or one could suffer a 3 point prang .Thus for me the situation above us is already guaranteed to be a little better.

The next thing to consider is that getting over the finishing line is notoriously difficult,as I remember well from my own amateur days over several sports.I'm still haunted by a nerve wracked performance at the final hurdle,so don't underestimate the pressure when the finishing line is close.Also factor in the possibility of injuries to key players/red cards/suspensions/bad refereeing mistakes.

However,having said all of this,we simply have to beat Brentford,which makes things simple.We have to come out of the traps flying and throw everything into it.Lose this game and autos are finished for us; a draw is only any good if the others lose.Thereafter,the next game has to attract the same attitude etc etc.If it's still tight going into the last couple of games,then the top 2 who might have thought it was there to win could suddenly start thinking it's there to lose,with little time to rectify slip ups.

Whilst I admit our situation isn't great,I've been watching footie long enough to realise that this is yet far from a complete write off.I'm enjoying this scrap at the top-will enjoy it even more if we get into top gear.

I do question what id enjoy more.

another season in the championship where we can win every game (or have hope that we could)

or a season of hoping to scrape enough points to stay up?

add to that tickets are cheaper in the championship its a difficult choice.

I do question what id enjoy more.

another season in the championship where we can win every game (or have hope that we could)

or a season of hoping to scrape enough points to stay up?

add to that tickets are cheaper in the championship its a difficult choice.

Last game of the season. Bournemouth are three points ahead of us with a plus 45 goal difference, Derby have plus 30.

I swear B4 will raise a rally the troops, we can do it.

Three months ago B4, when we were top, I genuinely thought for once you were right about winning the league (although when you say it every year, once may come off) but fair play, keep up the good work.

however, don't slag of Bournemouth, best football team in this league by a country mile.

Half of me says come on the title is still on! Then the othe half goes wait there a minute it was against Wigan who are going down chill the **** out.

If Bournmouth lost maybe but our goal difference is now to far behind also.

Far from over - if we can beat brentford then a few above might be looking over shoulder come 3pm. Im not sure if Bmuff will win at brighton, reading and charlton so there will be points dropped. Bmuff goal diff may be crucial tho..

The title is totally over, there are too many teams between us and 1st place, the goal difference is massively better and we have only beaten Wigan...!

The question is...who do we fancy in the play offs....!!

I would take any of them... this time its going to all be ok....

Archived