title fight still alive

B4ev6is

Sith Happens

The dropped points against Watford could be so costly... If not for that we would only be two points off them, and closing on boro too. Bournemouth can't be caught now imo, and after Watford I said the autos were gone.. I might change my mind if we beat Brentford but it's only a slim chance overall. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Autos are gone.

No way are three of the top four going to drop that many points over the next five games.

We won't win all of our remaining games, not a chance. But even if we did, that'd only get us to 86 points. Meaning Bournemouth only need 9 points (much better GD), Norwich and Watford 11 and Boro 12.

Have you seen their remaining fixtures?

Bournemouth will easily get 9 points, Watford have five really winnable games. Norwich and Boro still have to play each other, but chances are Norwich will win and make it impossible for us to catch them with four other easy games.

​Actually not a bad result i dont think. I think the points dropped to Birmingham, Fulham, Rotherham, Wigan at home, millwall are the ones that hurt.

If we had got anything like a decent set of points from those a draw against watford would have been welcomed.

Nothing like a moral boosting victory against a bottom 3 side who have not won at home for eighteen games to fire the belief. If only it was Blackpool rather than Brentford at home next one and I might even get confident we could string two victories together in a row for the first time since February.

Let's not get carried away. A few ugly points to get us into the playoffs would be nice and then who knows. I am comforted if we do get in to the play-off semis that we don't have to even win both games to get into the final.  And then what price a Fulham reject scoring the last minute winner after we have been pretty much outplayed for the previous 89. Cmon on Benty!!

Sadly it's too big a gap, too many teams and too few games.

Seriously, the single biggest person to blame is Iain Williamson, the ref for the Birmingham game. A performance of Atwell-esque proportions that could cost the club £100m. Win that game 2-0 as it should have been and I believe we'd be well clear at the top.

The single biggest person to blame is Iain Williamson, the ref for the Birmingham game. A performance of Atwell-esque proportions that could cost the club £100m. Win that game 2-0 as it should have been and I believe we'd be well clear at the top.

Where might 2nd, 3rd and 4th drop points

Wolves v Middlesborough - wolves win I reckon

Norwich V Middlesborough - Draw all over it

Forest V Watford - Forest are still on form

We win all our games then we'd be 4th and three points behind Norwich and Watford and need only two draws from them - perhaps against those battling sides at the bottom?

Its not impossible but very very unlikely

Archived