Has Mascarell offcially left Derby and gone back to Real Madrid?

Sexydadbod

I know he is out for the rest of the season but is he staying at Derby for his treatment? I don't think we had a topic thanking Mascarell for his work here, it must have been hard going to a foreign country at that age and not been played in his favoured position. I think we will all remember him for the great game he had against Chelsea where Mourinho praised him.I just wish we introduced the 4-2-3-1 formation sooner as I believe he would have thrived in that formation. It is also ashame not to see him and Thorne in the same team together because I think they would have brought the best out of each other and would have been a joy to watch. Thank you Omar.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said he wanted to stay here for his treatment but I think Real wanted him to go home for treatment. We haven't had a thread thanking him because we've got some ungrateful ******* fans who for some stupid reason don't think he has done anything good here.

Thank you Omar.

I thought he was stopping around the squad even though he's injured, wanting to be part of things, but's that went quiet. perhaps when it wasgetting grim he fancied the sun on his ankle?

He played a part and I think he too much stick, but ultimately, wasn't suited to that position in this league. He had some skill mind.

Thanks for his efforts, don't think he ever left anything in the locker and did try is heart out.

I've said my bit on Mascarell on many of occasions, so won't go into that. I would love for us to sign him. 

I don't buy that he would have been better in the Premier League than the Championship - I've never bought into that theory. However, he certainly has the potential for that level. 

Experience and a little bit more 'know-how' and he would probably reach the level or Sir George without the injuries. 

He never, ever hid in any game. He was always the man with the most touches on the park and would always show himself as an option for the ball regardless of who held it. Sometimes that approached backfired on us, and it did, but with him in the team we were always in touching distance of the top 2. I think that speaks volumes. 

No thanks. Can do much better.

Also to the original poster, what do you by never had the chance to play his normal position. He did all the time and didn't control games for me.

One of the key things for me is to look at each position and to say can we do better. The answer me is undoubtedly yes. I think with Martin, Hughes, Thorne (Assuming unit next year), Russell it would be difficult to replace with better without spending a lot. Think everyone else needs to or should be looking over their shoulder.

No thanks. Can do much better.

Also to the original poster, what do you by never had the chance to play his normal position. He did all the time and didn't control games for me.

One of the key things for me is to look at each position and to say can we do better. The answer me is undoubtedly yes. I think with Martin, Hughes, Thorne (Assuming unit next year), Russell it would be difficult to replace with better without spending a lot. Think everyone else needs to or should be looking over their shoulder.

Archived