Keogh

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Professional football isn't a kinder garden. If senior players and that includes Christie make errors they are lambasted regularly by not only the captain but also their teammates. Believe me they don't cry about it. They take it on-board or they aren't tough enough to play.

Personally think he should have taken control of the situation for Watford's first goal. He was facing the right way to clear the ball, but his hesitation caused Christie to hesitate, then Christie had to turn on the ball and clear the way that Keogh was facing. 

Watch it back. 

I also think it's a bit silly starting a divisive thread like this a few hours before kick off.  

If Christie can't cope with a good telling off every now and then when he makes mistakes then he ain't going to make it.

He's probably fine with it. He made a mistake. He got told off.  Move on.  Wonder what the telling off was like at half time? Perhaps that's where they all loved him up... (and then told him he was subbed.)

Hold up. They had 10 men for most of that game. In which him and Shotton looked like a pair of idiots against their lone striker when they were playing the long ball. Overall did he have a solid game...yes. It was his man that put the ball in the net for the first goal. His positioning for their second goal was bad too. Our back line had been caught out. There was space for the Watford player to run into. Keogh should have been in the space. He was close to the ball when it went past him into the back of the net. He didn't even have to be in the exact right place. Jut recognizing the attack a second earlier or starting in a position 2 yards further across and he would have blocked that shot. We continue to concede goals through multiple defensive errors. 

Some players respond to a bollocking and some don't. That's why Sir Alex was so good as he knew who to ******* and who to put an arm around. 

Christies lack of confidence is so obvious that even Stevie Wonder can see it. Personally I do't think he should have been on the pitch on Friday but he was, and another bollocking won't have done him many favours. 

As someone mentioned earlier, what would have happened if players had bollocked Keogh at Wembley?

I thought Keogh played well, and his runs into midfield seemed a lot less headless chicken and far more precise and penetrating. 

My two beefs with him on Friday were the fact that when the equaliser went in, he sulked off and was throwing his arms in the air like a petulant child who wasn't allowed some wine gums, and it was Chris Martin (Our true captain) that came on and was motivating the players as they waited to restart. 

Second beef was when the last corner of the game was about to be taken, Ince was waiting for Keogh to get in the box, but the captain was still arguing with the ref about getting booked for diving. Bizarre. 

Apart from that, I though it was the best I've seen him. Up there with Ipswich away. 

To be honest I couldn't put my arm around Christie and explain to him for the umpteenth time that he should follow his instincts and stop having an extra touch. 

He's wrecked his whole season by doing it. He's a good player but he's thinking too much. It cost him the ball in the first place and then he came back and did it again. 

He's past being told nicely. 

Wake up ffs!!!! 

My two beefs with him on Friday were the fact that when the equaliser went in, he sulked off and was throwing his arms in the air like a petulant child who wasn't allowed some wine gums, and it was Chris Martin (Our true captain) that came on and was motivating the players as they waited to restart. 

I would like to see him go out to RB so he could actually do those forward runs without leaving the defence with a massive hole in it.

I think his not stop bollocking of those in defence around him is detrimental to the team. Support the younger lads during this difficult patch.

Personally don't think he is a very good captain, heads are dropping all over the place and he isnt keeping them up. There was a point with about 15mins to go on Friday when Hughes was out near the left flank outside the Watford box with his head down, just shaking his head, not what you want from a guy so important to the team.

Also, from a captain you dont want him taking time out of the game to stand and ******* the crowd because they sighed at him for a rather big mistake like he did a few weeks back.

​If only he would combine Mar Wrights runs, with Mark Wrights ability to put the ball and the player in the stand from time to time. 

I often think we miss that "Ave it!!!" defending. If it's in the stand, it ain't in our net. 

Archived