Keogh

Being as though none of you moaners has started one I thought it was time a thread was started about how well he played against Watford. Not only did his own job but did George Thorne's job (whilst he was on) covered just about everyone else defensively and generally didn't put a foot wrong. Credit where credits due. Not easy to perform like that with the boo boys waiting to pounce.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, he's spent most of the season having to keep an eye on Mascerell, cope with both Shotton and Albentosa's inability to kick left footed, so constantly giving it to him across the back four, as well as Christie's post-xmas demise.   He never hides even after after a mistake.   Don't get the desire to slag him off, given the alternatives.

Yep, he's spent most of the season having to keep an eye on Mascerell, cope with both Shotton and Albentosa's inability to kick left footed, so constantly giving it to him across the back four, as well as Christie's post-xmas demise.   He never hides even after after a mistake.   Don't get the desire to slag him off, given the alternatives.

Agreed, thought he played very well on Friday night, one of his best performances of the season for me.

The fact that we still let 2 goals in really highlights our defensive frailties.

One point I would make was the way Keogh reacted towards Christie after the first goal. What did everyone make of his reaction? With Christie being a young lad and already suffering from a confidence crisis, I would expect to see the captain with his arm around him rather than lambasting him (I guess most will say it is no different to what our supporters do!)

Don't rate him one single bit, but the first thing I commented after the game was how he was our MOM. 

The boo boys aren't waiting to pounce. They are just willing to comment on the captain without being worried about getting an earful off his faithful. 

I did think against Watford that he does offer lots to the team, he's maurading runs out of defence do get the tempo up and the crowd lifted.

not seen a central defender of derby bring the ball out as far as KEOGH since ohh Mark Wright.

I did think against Watford that he does offer lots to the team, he's maurading runs out of defence do get the tempo up and the crowd lifted.

not seen a central defender of derby bring the ball out as far as KEOGH since ohh Mark Wright.

Agreed, thought he played very well on Friday night, one of his best performances of the season for me.

The fact that we still let 2 goals in really highlights our defensive frailties.

One point I would make was the way Keogh reacted towards Christie after the first goal. What did everyone make of his reaction? With Christie being a young lad and already suffering from a confidence crisis, I would expect to see the captain with his arm around him rather than lambasting him (I guess most will say it is no different to what our supporters do!)

​In an ideal world that would probably be the best way to deal with it, but you have to remember how important that game was for us, emotions high and it will have been incredibly frustrating. I don't blame him for the reaction and it shows how much he cares - as if we didn't know that from his reaction at Wembley.

​Speaking of Wembley, I believe that's the reason for this. People not letting go of the fact that they feel he cost us our place in the PL. What the forget is the fact that even if that didn't happen, we could have lost in ET, penalties, in added time. Who knows? Now that peoples expectation for this season have lowered they are less angry at him so he should start to see the light at the end of the tunnel in terms of the Keogh Out brigade. 

​The importance of the game should be an irrelevance. How do you think he would have reacted if one of the players had started lambasting him after his mistake at Wembley? If he is not able to control his emotions during a game then he is definitely not captain material.

My assessment of Keogh has nothing to do with Wembley, for me that mistake was left behind on the Wembley pitch, there is no way you can hold one single moment responsible for us not beating QPR in my opinion.

My assessment is based on him doing things that, in my opinion, a defender and a captain should not be doing. I'm talking about him losing his head and ending up out of position, and throwing himself to the ground every time the opposition get within 20 yards of our goal.

Not sure if you think that assessment makes me part of The Keogh Out Brigade?

​Huh? I think you're confused, the Keogh out brigade comment was regarding what someone else said - Not you, but if you want him out I guess you are part of it!

It's a completely different situation to Wembley so the reaction is understandably different. If it was the last game of the season vs Reading and Christie had done that in the 90th minute and lost us the game the reaction wouldn't have been the same as on Friday. However, Christie is a grown man and doesn't need babying. I'm sure he takes it on the chin and doesn't go home and feel sad about the fact that nasty Keogh slapped his wrist. I honestly don't think it makes a difference.

Archived