Ince and Bent mis-sold a dream?

robglosta

I wonder how these two feel? I'd wage they both fully expected to come into the team and give us the injection of quality and impetus to take us into the promised land, possibly securing themselves moves to Derby. Both have been great additions, but time and again they have seen their goals and quality thrown into the fire as a result of abject defensive performances. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how these two feel? I'd wage they both fully expect to come into the team and give us the injection of quality and impetus to take us into the promised land, possibly securing themselves moves to Derby. Both have been great additions, but time and again they have seen their goals and quality thrown into the fire as a result of abject defensive performances. 

Totally unfair .

Bent didn't stay fit at a vital time did he either and hasn't been as much a team player as Martin   

Weve had injuries and that's not a figmant of imagination is it.  

PS Ince also needs to do better defensively and at times be less gready just as Jordan Ibe learnt off Mac 

I wonder how these two feel? I'd wage they both fully expected to come into the team and give us the injection of quality and impetus to take us into the promised land, possibly securing themselves moves to Derby. Both have been great additions, but time and again they have seen their goals and quality thrown into the fire as a result of abject defensive performances. 

There is an alternative way of viewing what has happened in recent weeks.

An influx of high-profile, high-earners came into the club at a time when everything was swimming along nicely, and the formality, nay the nailed-on certainty, of automatic promotion has been frittered away to the point that we are now hanging on to a playoff position by goal difference alone.

Sound familiar?

*cough*billy*cough*

I don't know about you, but I'm sick of us conceding 8 goals every game, oh to have a defensive record to be proud of, like Watford, Norwich, Ipswich, and all the other teams in play off contention. Wouldn't that be great?

It pains me to think that at the time we thought we had an awesome squad, and just as we thought there was no way it could get more awesome, we picked up done of the most desirable loan signings you could ever hope for. Absolutely no chance we're not going up. 

The questionhas been asked a million times, with good reason: how the hell did we **** it up?!

Anyway, it's not over yet, keep calm and pass to Martin. 

It pains me to think that at the time we thought we had an awesome squad, and just as we thought there was no way it could get more awesome, we picked up done of the most desirable loan signings you could ever hope for. Absolutely no chance we're not going up. 

The questionhas been asked a million times, with good reason: how the hell did we **** it up?!

Anyway, it's not over yet, keep calm and pass to Martin. 

​How did we lose to QPR in the playoff final?

How did we lose to Wigan at home?

How did we lose to Forest, who hadn't won in 8 games?

How did we throw away a 2-0 lead against Birmingham in the 93rd minute?

How did we throw away a 2-1 lead against 10 men Watford?

How have we gone 7 games without a win?

There's only one answer to all of the questions above, and it's that we're simply not good enough.

I don't see why everyone is finding it so hard to come to terms with? 

But my poing is that we were good enough (barring a few anomalies) and were top of the league. Then we improved the team with properly top class players (not Claude Davis), so, in theory, we should have been even better and sauntered to the title. 

It is quite difficult to come to terms with. 

Are you a professional footballer on loan?

Have you been enticed to a club by the promise of appearances, promotion or winner's medals?  Do you feel let down that you may have been sold a dream, but it was nothing more than a nightmare?

We understand your frustration. We feel your pain. We are here for you. Text 99999 and the word UPSET and leave it to us, www.ohyoupoorpreciousthings.com, to sort things out. For just one tenth of your salary, yes only one tenth, we will communicate your upset and anger to your management team, and let them know how disappointed you feel. Additionally, we will let them know that you might go elsewhere at the end of the season.

Remember. You are wonderful footballers. You don't deserve to be mis-sold too. You deserve all the support that we can give at www.ohyoupoorpreciousthings.com

Archived