Barker is fit to start at Wigan

Boycie

Sith Happens

I think its the stuff of fantasy to imagine he would make a difference to the team today, the team has moved on too much.

Would have been good to see him feature at home against Reading with the title tied up, but thats not going to happen now. Too much at stake.

Of course, would love him to prove me wrong. But dont think he will. Think he will join up with the ex-rams in Sheffield, and good luck to him if he does.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its the stuff of fantasy to imagine he would make a difference to the team today, the team has moved on too much.

Would have been good to see him feature at home against Reading with the title tied up, but thats not going to happen now. Too much at stake.

Of course, would love him to prove me wrong. But dont think he will. Think he will join up with the ex-rams in Sheffield, and good luck to him if he does.

He's battled back to fitness from an almost impossible position. He's been written off time after time on here and presumabely lots of other places. You refer to him like he's a piece of s*** on your shoe. Wouldn't you prefer him to play for us again so you could laugh and jeer if he broke down and was carried off?

If he's good enough in training, get him back in the squad. He still knows how to play football. He's played reserve matches and got through them. 

Thorne was out for 6 months and we wanted him back in. What about if he had been out for a year, we'd have still wanted him back. 18 months? Probably. How long does the injury have to be to be a write off.

Even if you have been writing him off for months, at least treat one of our players with some respect. Especially one who has been through hell and is almost back again.

PistoldPete2

Could he play right back? If so maybe handy in the squad. Would still have Keogh shotton and albentosa and bucko when fit and whitbread etc ahead of him unless he really proves his fitness. It's the full backs that really give me the heeby ggeebies. 

Is this Mrs B's own, biased opinion? (I for one wouldn't blame her in the slightest btw) - or is this based on physio & doctors opinions? 

I think tbh maybe a bit of both? Either way I hope he comes back, sooner rather than later. But as for reclaiming the Captaincy, that's a tricky one. We have a changed team to the one we had when he last played, so for the time being Keogh may be better suited?

But one day I hope he does get it back, and returns to us, not bloody Sheff U. He's better than that, and imo has shown true determination, grit and a massive Can Do attitude.

That attitude gets you far.

Proved right though wasn't after I after watching them for u21s in their first games back I said Thorne looked heavy and slow and Barker can't turn enough quickly  

Have  a go if you like but look at forum records which you also won't have access too   

One day I hope he does get it back, and returns to us, not bloody Sheff U. He's better than that, and imo has shown true determination, grit and a massive Can Do attitude.

That attitude gets you far.

​So are you claiming that you know more than our medical professionals?

Are you also claiming that you predicted Thorne looking 'heavy and slow' would lead to a thigh strain?

If Thorne has come through Friday unscathed would everyone that said we needed to start him all of a sudden been a medical genius?

Archived