Barker is fit to start at Wigan

Boycie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attitude really doesn't get you very far if your knees are completely knackered. Fair play to Shaun getting this far, but if he plays for us as first choice again then we really will have fallen away badly.

Is there any reason why you have Count Dracula now as your profile picture? Bloody scary!

​So you saw a secondary injury in your crystal ball? Brilliant.

I am going to predict that at some point in the future Martin will get another injury and therefore should not be put in the team again.

Re Barker, I do not think anything as I have absolutely medical expertise nor do I see him on a day to day basis. The fact that he has played 2 consecutive 90 minutes for the u21s may indicate that he is fit though. How else do you judge a players fitness?

Play him. Why on earth not?!

Our defence has been utterly embarrassing recently and I'm sure he wouldn't do any worse  

If he still has the ability to jump, head, tackle and kick a ball then he will be fine (he never had much pace anyway) and most importantly he has proven he has the mental strength, heart and determination to succeed where others would have given up. 

I can see him holding up the play off trophy now!!

You actually think that would improve the team, and also think he is match fit.

is anyone surprised ......nope :-)

sound  bite politicians are a nuisance, sound bite,  fans with popularist ideas that will never be enacted are merely showing their intelligence . Any plumber updates ? 

Twisting and turning and committed tackling and putting your body on the line and belting the ball with shots etc 

Thorne hurt himself shooting the other night IMO .

PS I'm not getting at these two players at all but we can't just disregard the rest of the squad if they aren't ready. 

This is is my opinion it's obviously not yours but will be ultimately down to McClaren. 

Who in the defence has been 'doing it all season'? Shotton?! Keogh?! Christie?! Raul?! Whitbread?! Who have you been watching mate?! They have all had shockers  

Our defence has been horse manure. Any potential improvement welcomed for me. 

​See I can't believe that twisting and turning would be any different in a u21 match to what it would be in the first team.

Tackling and impacts I could understand being a bit worse in first team matches.

I have no idea what the main risk of making Barker's injury re-occurring would be.

If we are saying that Barker is risking his long term health by playing for the u21s then I would be very disappointed with DCFC.

If we are saying that he is not at a good enough level to get back in the team then I am fine with that because that is opinion, not fact.

For what its worth I think a fit Barker would be as good an option as Albentosa or Shotton at this point in time. Not a big fan of Keogh but thought he was our best player the other night so should retain his place.

All this Barker stuff has really wound me up over the last year or 3. So many different people have written him off as if they know eveything about his injury. Even if you were unfortunate to suffer a similar injury, the chances are he's been better looked after than you.

It's not a Derby thing, it's an English disease. Offer a negative prognosis and deliver it with such sage like wisdom.

If he comes back and plays, everyone will be pleased, but any mistake will be pounced upon to fulfil some pre-determined narrative.

If he did break down again, you can sure loads of c***s will using the painful moment to tell everyone how it was always gonna happen. Some t***s almost seem bitter that the club have stood by him for so long.

All this Barker stuff has really wound me up over the last year or 3. So many different people have written him off as if they know eveything about his injury. Even if you were unfortunate to suffer a similar injury, the chances are he's been better looked after than you.

It's not a Derby thing, it's an English disease. Offer a negative prognosis and deliver it with such sage like wisdom.

If he comes back and plays, everyone will be pleased, but any mistake will be pounced upon to fulfil some pre-determined narrative.

If he did break down again, you can sure loads of c***s will using the painful moment to tell everyone how it was always gonna happen. Some t***s almost seem bitter that the club have stood by him for so long.

To me Shaun looks tentative which is to be expected after a bad injury and for that matter so does George but to a lesser extent  .

Of course it is hoped that they will both get fitter week in week out .

Dont  forget pre season is vital to gain a certain fitness level and these two are playing catch up  .

I could be wrong as you point out but I'd rather stick with what we have for now. 

ie The players who have got us to this position  in the League  

Archived