Darren Bent - surprise new deal at Villa?

Curtains

Darren would want a lot of money though surely.

Or maybe he just wants to play football and is tired of sitting on the bench at premier league clubs. Although with Martin fit we can't actually guarantee him football either to be honest. Would be quality if we had both on permanent deals.

​If he did sign permanently then at least we'll know it'll be more on our terms. We're not going to give him a permanent deal on the wages he would ideally look for, and although he'd undoubtedly be our top earner I doubt we would go over-board and over spend on him.

He's a striker and a goalscorer. He's judged on goals. He ain't gonna get many sat on the bench for Villa or another PL side and only coming on for 10 minutes.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Bent has just posted this on Instagram. It's a collage of four photos from his time here. The caption reads:

@benty39: Want to say a big thanks to @dcfcofficial and all their fans for their support this season. Loved every minute. Gutted the way it ended. But will make us stronger next season #rams #keepthefaith

Anyone take particular notice to the word us? Thorne saga round 2 starting here with cryptic clues but it's not the standard wishing all the lads good luck for next season.

Could be a clue :ph34r:

​oops just posted this on a different thread without realising you had my bad #imasillybilly #keepthefaith

​oops just posted this on a different thread without realising you had my bad #imasillybilly #keepthefaith

​It's fine. We've got Thorne, the season has been over for 3 days and quite frankly I'm bored already. We need another saga so as many people hunting for the slightest hint that he could join us the better!

Keep up the good work detective.

​It's fine. We've got Thorne, the season has been over for 3 days and quite frankly I'm bored already. We need another saga so as many people hunting for the slightest hint that he could join us the better!

Keep up the good work detective.

​This summer lets over analyse every single little thing everyone says. I want sagas coming out of our sagas!!!!!!

​This summer lets over analyse every single little thing everyone says. I want sagas coming out of our sagas!!!!!!

​Will do. I'm heading to Berlin airport now to wait by the departure lounge for flights to East Midlands airport. I'll let you know if any big, centre back looking type men board the plane.

Thing is they have all had their meetings today and now he's posted that?

​Good work TopRam. Here's the latest series of events in the Bent Saga, sequel to the Thorne saga. Soon to be followed by Ince saga:

1 - Players have meetings regarding their future

2 - Bent, out of contract at Villa and available on a free posts about how much he loved his time at Derby

3 - Uses the word 'us' to say we will be stronger next season as a result of what has recently happened. Language used hints that he is still part of the set-up at Derby.

More to follow.

Can't believe this thread is only 4 pages long. We need another 300 at least before he's going to sign...

Maybe if you posted more often? 

Seems we're out of sight out of mind now your a plastic cock and knee? 

It's alright mate. You enjoy that Olympic stadium. Bet you've been camped outside Kate Middleton's hospital? 

This thread is already full of duplicates...

​We just need some German centre-backs, then it can be full of doppelgängers.

I would imagine nothing will happen until the end of Villa's season, as Bent is now free to play in their remaining league games. What happens in those games will go a long way to deciding where he plays next season.

My mates, sisters, brothers, cousins, next door neighbour knows a guy who's uncle fixed the roof at Moor Farm, he said Bent's going to Newcastle with Mac, both deals were signed 3 months ago.

#ITK

​You're not in the know unless there is a reference to coffee in there.  Fraud.

Archived