Darren Bent - surprise new deal at Villa?

Curtains

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not it was clearly Lambert not favouring him. I work with a few Villa fans who were calling for them to play him again before the loan deal.

A paragraph from the news article though - “I’m not ruling out going back, just like I wouldn’t rule out staying at Derby because they have given me a lifeline to play football and score goals again. But yes, there’s been discussions [with Villa] and we will have to look at it.

He also has a lot of praise for Derby and Mac if we go up I think he will come to us.

Bent would be a very good signing this summer, but not one I think we should break our neck for. 

I doubt anyone would on here would have him in our strongest XI when everybody is fit. It's not slight on him or his ability, but it's just the way the system is here. The loss of Martin, even with Bent's presence upfront, has hurt us.

I'll wish Bent the best on whatever he decides to do in the summer. 

Bent would be a very good signing this summer, but not one I think we should break our neck for. 

I doubt anyone would on here would have him in our strongest XI when everybody is fit. It's not slight on him or his ability, but it's just the way the system is here. The loss of Martin, even with Bent's presence upfront, has hurt us.

I'll wish Bent the best on whatever he decides to do in the summer. 

I think in regards to a deal here or a Villa, the onus is on him to prove he is worth it. You may say he has done that already but if he slacks off for the rest of the season could harm his chances. The better he plays from now onwards, the better a deal he can negotiate. Not sure the timing of this news has any baring on our season!

He doesn't suit our system, I think we should be looking elsewhere whatever happens at the end of this season.

He will suit their system though, Sherwood got the best out of Adebayor and that's what kind of player Bent is. He'd be better off at Villa.

He doesn't suit our system, I think we should be looking elsewhere whatever happens at the end of this season.

He will suit their system though, Sherwood got the best out of Adebayor and that's what kind of player Bent is. He'd be better off at Villa.

​Yeah, fantastic. Has he replicated that when we're playing the 4-3-3/4-5-1? He isn't a lone striker. He plays best in the 4-4-2/4-2-4 when we're chasing games, which is where he's scored the majority of his goals.

No. I just don't think we should be over spending on a sub. The formation we play with a fit Chris Martin works brilliantly, it's the reason why we've looked so good since Steve Mac and co came in. Much prefer to look for someone of a similar ability, or potential, to Bent who is younger and hungrier, and cheaper.​

Another case of football players and managers having short memories. 

Villa cast him aside and Derby gave him a lifeline...in talks with Villa about going back. 

McClaren cast aside by football in general, Derby give him a lifeline... almost certainly off to Newcastle. 

I don't know if its the £££, Stockholm syndrome, or a combination of the two. 

Another case of football players and managers having short memories. 

Villa cast him aside and Derby gave him a lifeline...in talks with Villa about going back. 

McClaren cast aside by football in general, Derby give him a lifeline... almost certainly off to Newcastle. 

I don't know if its the £££, Stockholm syndrome, or a combination of the two. 

Archived