Raheem Sterling

Shuff264

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Almost as ridiculous as saying he's the best youngster in Europe. 

Liverpool have a decision to make, the problem is they stand to lose a lot of money if they let him go for nothing. 

Chelsea, Madrid...etc will happily pay that wage if they get him on a free transfer - no doubt. 

If I was Sterling I would probably move on, to be honest. Liverpool may challenge for a trophy due to good form but there's no real ambition to outdo the Uniteds, Citys and Chelseas of this world.

After last season, the budget they put in and signings they made in the summer were almost laughable. I fear they will continue to try and do things on the cheap and more often than not, it doesn't work.

Just done an interview with the Beeb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32149613

Apparently this wasnt sanctioned by the club, so he might be in a little trouble

Seems that he wants to win silverware and doesnt think that Liverpool can keep up with his ambition. Guessing he wants to wait till the end of the season to see if Liverpool have Champions league or not.

Smart decision; Liverpool have lacked ambition for a couple of decades now. 

I just sense they're 'hoping' to 'sneak' a title. Chelsea put their money where their mouth is, even Manchester United have... so on. 

As I said previously, I don't think there is a team in European football that would turn him down on the free/cheap, so he will have very good options. 

I guess people can use Gerrard as an example. He's won the Champions League and become a club legend but hasn't picked up a Premier League title despite his ability. He may come to regret that. 

If Sterling was to move to Arsenal then I wouldn't understand it. However, Manchester City, United or Chelsea would be a great move for him. If I was the Man City owner I would be putting my hand in my pocket this summer. Sterling is much better than Navas, for me, so would fill nicely into their team. 

Smart decision; Liverpool have lacked ambition for a couple of decades now. 

I just sense they're 'hoping' to 'sneak' a title. Chelsea put their money where their mouth is, even Manchester United have... so on. 

As I said previously, I don't think there is a team in European football that would turn him down on the free/cheap, so he will have very good options. 

I guess people can use Gerrard as an example. He's won the Champions League and become a club legend but hasn't picked up a Premier League title despite his ability. He may come to regret that. 

If Sterling was to move to Arsenal then I wouldn't understand it. However, Manchester City, United or Chelsea would be a great move for him. If I was the Man City owner I would be putting my hand in my pocket this summer. Sterling is much better than Navas, for me, so would fill nicely into their team. 

Think it suits both to sell. He obviously hasn't got his head in the right place and they can get a decent fee and aren't losing a world beater.

He could be special to someone. But in the year or two since he's grown into the team he's still dumb and greedy. Ibe learned more in the last few months with us than Sterling has learned.  Ibe became much more diciplined. 

Staying there he won't improve as a player by the looks of things. He's reached a limit.  I'm sure they can get more for their money. 

For him he might go on to be a smarter player and learn that he has teammates. Then everyone is happy

Except Liverpool who will spend £70m on Theo Walcott. 

​Selling Suarez showed how much ambition they had

If they sell Sterling they'll still get a fair bit for him, far more likely for Liverpool to accept less to ship him abroad. I would be very surprised to see him end up at Arsenal. Wouldnt be surprised for Madrid to pick him up as a cheaper replacement for Bale if he goes, also could go to Bayern to enter into there rotation of wingers. The lad aint to Robben or Riberys standards at the minute but with the right coaching could do what we wants. Hope he does leave Liverpool and hopefully chooses abroad, would be good to see a quality young English player actually risk going abroad rather that staying in the premier league.

Liverpool lack ambition, evident from the way they sold Suarz and replaced him with a number of seriously average players.

I understand that they needed a bigger squad to compete, and buying youngsters such as Moreno, Markovic and Can made sense.

But why Lambert, Lallana, Balotelli, Lovren - that's 65m right there on average players who don't fit the young with lots of potential category.

A top club who just mde the CL should have spent that kind of cash on two world class players who would have improved their first team dramatically. Maybe a Marco Reus and Mats Hummels were unrealistic, but top qualitys players like Garay, Hector Herrera, Antoine Griezmann were available in the summer.

Archived