Raheem Sterling

Shuff264

Liverpool have offered him a brand new deal - £100k a week

He say no, he wants £150k a week.

Madness for a 20 year old, to put it into perspective - Hazard gets £185k a week.

What do Liverpool do? Risk losing him to a rival like City at the end of his contract?

Sell him early, probably abroad?

Or pay up and make him the highest paid 20 year old in football*?

*Maybe, I dont really know.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you look at Sterling as well you have to think this would be a long term deal, whilst he may not be worth 150k, with his rapid rise over the last year his agent will be playing on the potential. Could go down the 20% rise each season but clubs would match if not better Liverpool's offer, leaving would bag him a nice signing on fee as well so why not push for that extra money now.

Am I the only one who doesn't really get the Sterling hype?  He is a good prospect, but really , in comparative terms, is he worth the kind of money being bandied about. I think if I were Liverpool I would fill my boots and take the Saudi shilling from City, and see if I could get a cheaper/better option from Spain or Brazil.

Am I the only one who doesn't really get the Sterling hype?  He is a good prospect, but really , in comparative terms, is he worth the kind of money being bandied about. I think if I were Liverpool I would fill my boots and take the Saudi shilling from City, and see if I could get a cheaper/better option from Spain or Brazil.

Archived