Is it time for Warnock?

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fozzy crossed one in the first half that hit the first defender, next one went way over the bar... 2 massive mistakes 2nd half so yes Warnock has to come in. As does Roos - Grants errors just in the last 2 games, didn't;t need to rush out to Bamford, missed Wolves first goal straight through his legs and why oh why did he not just catch the ball before he punched into his own net..!!

we can beat all the remaining teams, we pulled Wolves apart, and even the Boro match how did Ward not score when it sliced off his foot from Christie's cross..

But he shouldn't be immune from being dropped just like Bryson and Hendrick have been.

I fear that if Warnock would have been in the side if he wasn't sent off in the cup - he shot off his own foot with that silly dismissal. 

You our are totally correct others have been dropped without people batting an eyelid. 

You our are totally correct others have been dropped without people batting an eyelid. 

Warnock shouldn't be victimized for one mistake of getting sent off in the Cup for being over exuberant just like Steven Gerrard was today  .

PS Warnocks foul was less severe IMO he was unlucky  

Get rid of Forsyth, but introduce Shotton for Christie?

Great idea, we'll hit aimless passes from both flanks at the same time, that'll confuse the opposition!

Shotton flatters to deceive, looks like he has all the attributes, but switches off frequently and his passing is beyond awful.

Stoke must still be laughing now we paid money for him.

What's all this 'one mistake' people are talking about when he clearly was implicated in both of the Wolves goals. His first few crosses were awful as well. Trouble is these 2 mistakes were so bad and not typical of him ( how many goals has he cost us this season ?)  so its unreasonable to expect him to be as bad again.

Christie makes costly errors but most of his play is poor, whereas when Forsyth is concentrating he is good.

Watched Friday's game back on tv at last and Fozzy played in some great crosses, one of which Bent nearly reached. He also pulled the ball back on three occasions right into Ince's path and played numerous other passes in the build up. 

He made one awful pass that lead to the first goal and his header that ballooned lead to the second. Both times there were still other defenders in play.

I feel that his defending has been consistently high quality this season apart from that and the mileage he covers up and down the left flank in a single game is taken for granted by our supporters. I usually watch this from behind the goal but being on the half way line at Wolves it was just much more obvious to me. 

I  would like to see what Warnock could offer our defence but feel it is unfortunate that his position is the one where we have least cause for concern. If he could play there I'd put him straight in at right back! 

I think Fozzy is the all new scapegoat, we need to have one every time we lose it appears. 

But I would select Warnock over Fozzy as he offers a lot of much needed experience in our paper thin defence.

I just wonder how long it is before SM becomes the all new (Keogh, Omar, Fozzy etc) regular scapegoat particularly if this Toon link has legs. 

Guarantee if you take Forsyth out that you'd regret it. 

Be very careful what you wish for. He can be ridiculously casual and lazy on the ball.

You show me a handful of games since Mac got hold of him where he gets pulled apart by a winger. It doesn't happen.

He's rapid. He's stupidly strong. A beast in the air and when everyone is screaming for him to close down defenders he's usually right and everyone else is wrong. 

Seriously, he's a beast of a defender.

I'm not going to say he's not idiotic and lazy in possession at times. He's always struggled to resist hoofing. 

But you're not half losing a defender if you want him dropped. I'd bet money that you'll regret calling for his head after a number of games. 

The worrying thing is how he doesn't learn from the countless times he blindly punts or passes. 

But as a defender... He's so hard to beat. He's just got everything. 

Archived