Is it time for Warnock?

Gritstone Ram

​Christie is still better than Shotton and Keogh is more effective in the middle for us. Albentosa has been solid, no major mistakes. Forsyth is better suited to our defence due to his aerial capabilities which puts him ahead of Warnock in my book.

What would be your back 4 out of interest?

I think Warnock was decent in the air yesterday and did a great job defending. Would choose him over Forsyth at the minute. Other than that swap any of the rest around, don't think it makes too much difference, just pick out of a hat and stuck with it for the remaining games. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Warnock was decent in the air yesterday and did a great job defending. Would choose him over Forsyth at the minute. Other than that swap any of the rest around, don't think it makes too much difference, just pick out of a hat and stuck with it for the remaining games. 

​I think it's that last sentence that worries me more than anything. There isn't 4 defenders that stand out above the rest as solid and dependable, Keogh aside.

Regardless of which league we're in next season, we're going to need a new defence. Keogh and Albentosa (once he gets to grips with the league and squad) are decent but none of our full-backs are good enough at the minute.

​I was surprised at how good he was in the air last night considering he's not exactly threatening door frames with his height. I thought both full backs played deeper last night. We seemed to play down the middle far more than our usual plan of getting the full backs or wingers in a good crossing position on the touchline then hitting the first man or man sitting in row A on the opposite side of the pitch.

​I was surprised at how good he was in the air last night considering he's not exactly threatening door frames with his height. I thought both full backs played deeper last night. We seemed to play down the middle far more than our usual plan of getting the full backs or wingers in a good crossing position on the touchline then hitting the first man or man sitting in row A on the opposite side of the pitch.

​There was a lot of space in between the Blackpool defence and midfield though I noticed which invited it. I wouldn't expect it again against Huddersfield/Millwall/Reading.

​There was a lot of space in between the Blackpool defence and midfield though I noticed which invited it. I wouldn't expect it again against Huddersfield/Millwall/Reading.

​Yeah, I was wondering if it was a new tactic, considering the full backs who played last night are more defensive than those who started the season (and in Warnock's case, if the Brentford game is anything to go by, can't cross for toffee), or whether it was down to the opposition. Guess we'll find out more on Saturday.

Archived