Is it time for Warnock?

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Forsyth could keep the ball better then he'd be a very good option for any Premier League side.

As Alpha said, defensively, he's outstanding more often than not. 

Look at the Forest games, Shotton was ran ragged by Antonio and when he was up against Forsyth, he was absolutely marshaled out the game. 

Forsyth is a must for me, whether it be at CB or LB.

• 2 weeks later...

​Jeez mate. Its only a few seasons ago we had mighty Gareth Roberts and at away matches then we did well to get to 5 mins without conceding down our left side.

I think we have been spoilt and I don't think we are shipping goals down our left are we? mainly through middle I thought.

​Don't mean to come off as smug but nothing's improved since I made that last post, think it's definitely time to give Forsyth a rest now and let him get his confidence back.

​Don't mean to come off as smug but nothing's improved since I made that last post, think it's definitely time to give Forsyth a rest now and let him get his confidence back.

​Nothing's improved down the left, or nothing's improved with Forsyth? Would you have  us believe that wherever Forsyth happens to be playing defines the weak spot in our defence and where we ship goals?

If that's the case then I just don't happen to agree - I think the defence as a collective doesn't look cohesive or even particularly well trained at present and changing/resting one player would not solve anything. And hasn't over the past few weeks.

I do agree it isn't improving tho.....

​Nothing's improved down the left, or nothing's improved with Forsyth? Would you have  us believe that wherever Forsyth happens to be playing defines the weak spot in our defence and where we ship goals?

If that's the case then I just don't happen to agree - I think the defence as a collective doesn't look cohesive or even particularly well trained at present and changing/resting one player would not solve anything. And hasn't over the past few weeks.

I do agree it isn't improving tho.....

Forsyth needed a rest from passing to opponents all the time same as Christie

In regards to the defence, I would bring Christie and Forsyth back into the starting XI on Saturday.

I'm hoping a break from the team will have done them good and they'll come back in looking sharper and ultimately re-find their form. 

With 3 games remaining and play-offs looming on the horizon, it's important now to find a settled back 4 with a natural cohesiveness because as of late, we've been conceding goals far too easily.  

For the remaining games and hopefully play-offs, I think the back 4 should be: 

Christie     Keogh     Albentosa    Forsyth

In regards to the defence, I would bring Christie and Forsyth back into the starting XI on Saturday.

I'm hoping a break from the team will have done them good and they'll come back in looking sharper and ultimately re-find their form. 

With 3 games remaining and play-offs looming on the horizon, it's important now to find a settled back 4 with a natural cohesiveness because as of late, we've been conceding goals far too easily.  

​I would agree that it's time to find a settled back for - maybe some would say it's too late - Yorkshire, but your back four makes three changes from the four that kept a clean sheet last night and generally played OK, though a more confident team may well have scored last night - Blackpool did have some chances.

Fozzy is a better player than he has been showing over the last couple of months, IMO; so is Christie.  Albentosa has the makings of a good player and was better against Brentford. We have to give him a chance to grow into the club, the team and the country.  But each of them appears to be struggling for good form and confidence which won't suddenly return.

With two tough away games coming up I would keep last night's back four together and hope that Whitbread stays fit

​We aren't in the play offs yet, we have a tough away game and you want to bring them back in as you HOPE they can re-find their form. That back 4 scares me.

​We aren't in the play offs yet, we have a tough away game and you want to bring them back in as you HOPE they can re-find their form. That back 4 scares me.

​That's our best back 4 though. What about it scares you out of interest?

Forsyth's distribution has been poor and Christie went through a spell of bad form but Keogh and Albentosa have been pretty solid in my opinion. 

If we can't beat Huddersfield, a comfortably mid-table team with nothing to play for, with that back 4, we don't deserve to finish in the top 6!

Its not our best bac

​That's our best back 4 though. What about it scares you out of interest?

Forsyth's distribution has been poor and Christie went through a spell of bad form but Keogh and Albentosa have been pretty solid in my opinion. 

If we can't beat Huddersfield, a comfortably mid-table team with nothing to play for, with that back 4, we don't deserve to finish in the top 6!

​Why is that our best back 4? They scare me as I think on current form they would concede goals and make a load of basic errors. Christe has been struggling for months and confidence is shot, Albentosa hasn't proved anything yet thus why he keeps losing his place (also they say he is better suited to the right side), Keogh will play and Forsyth and Warnock there doesn't really look much between them.

I think the Albentosa has been a flop thus far, I was at the training ground when he signed and our Chief exec and Head of football were very proud of securing him and he was going to help us secure automatic, class act etc. He hasn't looked any better than what we have. I know its early and he may turn out a top player (I personally don't see it) and he has to adapt etc but he was brought for this season to improve us and he hasnt

Its not our best bac

​Why is that our best back 4? They scare me as I think on current form they would concede goals and make a load of basic errors. Christe has been struggling for months and confidence is shot, Albentosa hasn't proved anything yet thus why he keeps losing his place (also they say he is better suited to the right side), Keogh will play and Forsyth and Warnock there doesn't really look much between them.

​Christie is still better than Shotton and Keogh is more effective in the middle for us. Albentosa has been solid, no major mistakes. Forsyth is better suited to our defence due to his aerial capabilities which puts him ahead of Warnock in my book.

What would be your back 4 out of interest?

Archived