Quick question

peachmyster

On the subject of one club loyalty....don't be fooled to think that Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Terry, Gerrard etc are these super loyal-one club-legends....the reason that they stayed at the club for their whole careers is just because it is a big club and they were gettign big wages...if any of them had started their careers playing for even a mid table Premiershite team they would have been off in a flash.....and they all got some pretty fantastic contracts out of their "loyalty"...!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​A player can seem to be loyal. But unless you are a top player at a top club, then managers will always change, new managers wont like the same players to stay... and if all managers do all fancy a player, and the player is good, then other teams will come in and try and prise them away anyway. Apart from Giggs who else stays at the same club. I cant think of many inbetween Steve Bull and Ryan Giggs.

​Wakefield, Normanton or you are a cake from Pontefract or you like a good up and under from Featherstone or your a penguin from Iceland and you are a co owner of the firm that has a frozen food section nearby all of these Yorkshire clubs.

And remember it's never dull in ull.........so go play for Hull City instead!

Up The Tigers & Cottingham Rangers.

I'm a few miles out of being eligible for Derby. I'd have to play for Donny, Rotherham, Wednesday, Blades, Chesterfield, or Mansfield.

Just out of interest, what's the best side we could put together if all our players had to be brought up within 20 miles of Derby? Notice I say brought up as opposed to born. There's no way I'm losing Hughesy to some London club.

GK - Camp

RB - Perch

LB - Dickinson

CB - Lescalles

CB - Buxton

DM - Huddleston

CM - Hughes

CM - Mutch

RW - Pennant

LW - Cairney

CF - Tudgay

Really struggling for forwards, wingers and full backs.

I'm a few miles out of being eligible for Derby. I'd have to play for Donny, Rotherham, Wednesday, Blades, Chesterfield, or Mansfield.

Just out of interest, what's the best side we could put together if all our players had to be brought up within 20 miles of Derby? Notice I say brought up as opposed to born. There's no way I'm losing Hughesy to some London club.

GK - Camp

RB - Perch

LB - Dickinson

CB - Lescalles

CB - Buxton

DM - Huddleston

CM - Hughes

CM - Mutch

RW - Pennant

LW - Cairney

CF - Tudgay

GK - Camp

RB - Perch

LB - Dickinson

CB - Lescalles

CB - Buxton

DM - Huddleston

CM - Hughes

CM - Mutch

RW - Pennant

LW - Cairney

CF - Tudgay

Archived