Derby County Flags

Inverurie Ram

On 18/01/2017 at 14:01, Inverurie Ram said:

ermmmmm do any of you know Steve McClaren?

2dslmkj.jpg

I'm in that photo.

I can remember that day so well. 25 of us got on the train from Utch, another 20 odd got on at Tutbury & Hatton, There was a few Carlisle United fans on we chatted to. They was already relegated but wanted to be at the match that would crown the Champions, history they said, Derby County were the best team in the land for the 2nd time in 3 years and they wanted to pay tribute to their own team but also pay respect to the new champions of England.

The match itself was poor, The Derby players were a bit hungover, the sun was blazing down and it became a celebration rather than a football match.

We all prepared to invade the pitch at the end, the old bill pretended to stop us but gracefully gave way when the thousands just climbed over the billboards and low fences and strolled past them....

"We are the Champions, the Champions of England"

"We won the league, we won the league, ee ay adio we won the league"

"Champions! Champions! Champions!"

On 15/01/2017 at 02:02, StringOfBeads said:

it doesn't matter about the last few seasons (although theyve done us too) simply the fact that their ground was rocking last night in a way that you don't get that with artificial flag waving. They were louder than anyone I've heard this season we just can't compete with that. Since when have our fans been as loud as that through the whole game. Actually I remember playing them in the cup when they were in L1 when Delph ran the show and they were loud through out even though they were losing. Think they might have Austrian blood ha ha 

They might have been loud but they were singing about being Champions of Europe - they didn't make clear whether it was the 70/71 or the 67/68 Inter city Fairs Cup that they were referring to.

On that basis the South Stand should be singing loud and proud about us being champions in 74/75. It's more recent.

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

Strange you should say that - the police had to be called to the front of the stand to sort out an altercation between a Derby supporter and Butterfield's mum, who took exception to some of the stuff he was shouting at him.

Sad news that a Derby supporter would choose to turn on one of their own players at a ground where they are there to support them, especially when so many decent supporters couldn't even get a ticket for today's match.