Norwich City v Derby County

-JW-

I dont know if Shotton was injured but cannot understand why he was replaced by Christie and two minutes later got beat in the air by the norwich forward and grant pulled off the great save. I would rather see Shotton at right back at present.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know if Shotton was injured but cannot understand why he was replaced by Christie and two minutes later got beat in the air by the norwich forward and grant pulled off the great save. I would rather see Shotton at right back at present.

It was our worst performance, by some distance, of the season. The football was truly horrific and the fact we got a point out of it is laughable. It's harsh, but it's the truth. 58% completion today, 3 shots all game.. It's awful. Truly, truly awful.

The result, however, was great!

Grant was poor throughout but made two good saves.

Shotton put in, for me, the worst individual performance of the season. Keogh and Albertosa was equally as panicked and terrible in possession. Forsyth, too.

Hanson, without being harsh, was poor in the defensive midfield role. He was completely overrun and gave the ball away far too much. It was his debut and he was asked to perform to out of position. If he plays, though, it's almost like conceding possession before the game has kicked off. Good effort, but leave him out until next season.

Hughes had nothing to feed off and Hendrick took up his position in his hole.

Ince, Russell and Ward all worked like dogs. Quality was lacking though.

What I'm trying to say... It was god awful and I came away bemused with how we got a point. Anyone trying to make excuses for that is completely lost in the scoreline.

It was our worst performance, by some distance, of the season. The football was truly horrific and the fact we got a point out of it is laughable. It's harsh, but it's the truth. 58% completion today, 3 shots all game.. It's awful. Truly, truly awful. 

The result, however, was great! 

Grant was poor throughout but made two good saves. 

Shotton put in, for me, the worst individual performance of the season. Keogh and Albertosa was equally as panicked and terrible in possession. Forsyth, too. 

Hanson, without being harsh, was poor in the defensive midfield role. He was completely overrun and gave the ball away far too much. It was his debut and he was asked to perform to out of position. If he plays, though, it's almost like conceding possession before the game has kicked off. Good effort, but leave him out until next season. 

Hughes had nothing to feed off and Hendrick took up his position in his hole.

Ince, Russell and Ward all worked like dogs. Quality was lacking though.

What I'm trying to say... It was god awful and I came away bemused with how we got a point. Anyone trying to make excuses for that is completely lost in the scoreline.

To say we have a great squad and we were all listing two possible teams that could finish in the top six from our selection, today's XI looked bloody average I must say.

Guess players out of form sways the perception, but our midfield bar Hughes looked poor in comparison to Norwich and without a striker our front three just look blunt.

I didn't watch the game but going on our current situation I'm not surprised Norwich bossed it. They're flying, we're not.

Get Thorne and Martin back, scrape over the next few matches without any real damage and then look to capitalise on our final six matches by taking maximum points.

Autos is a tough ask, but if we don't make it I'd at least like us to go onto the playoffs with some confidence and on relatively good form.

Drew Ugly!!!

I thought the point was great today - i was fearing a loss.

I didn't go to the game - and I did happen to watch the Boro game a bit - and for great periods they looked average (but they work really hard)

I had to admit Bamford scored two great goals - and someone needs to get under him on Tues (Que, Espanol, Alby, kill him!!)

if we could just get a bit of quality - George and Martin - we can do Boro Tues me reckons.

If we stay unbeaten - beat Boro on Tue and draw at Mol - we should be ok for run in

ps i spot all the comments about Albentosa's hair, and looking at the DCFC action shots i agree - Cloughie would have got a barber booked to come into the Midland before the match for a haircut.......maybe he would do it for a red nose!!!

How mclaren can take will Hughes off n not Hendrick beggars belief , no wonder England couldn't qualify for major tournaments with him , he's the sole reason the Rams won't go up this year , huge squad and not being used correctly 

It was god awful and I came away bemused with how we got a point. Anyone trying to make excuses for that is completely lost in the scoreline.

Archived