Norwich City v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't.  I just don't expect hoofing to a 5ft 6 striker. I certainly don't expect to romp anyone. It's nice when it happens. my only expectation is that we are fighting for automatic. 

But I don't see why there's so much fear and respect for Norwich. No reason we can't match them in every department. 

with our injuries though I appreciate how disruptive it is

I don't.  I just don't expect hoofing to a 5ft 6 striker. I certainly don't expect to romp anyone. It's nice when it happens. my only expectation is that we are fighting for automatic. 

But I don't see why there's so much fear and respect for Norwich. No reason we can't match them in every department. 

with our injuries though I appreciate how disruptive it is

Let's not kid ourselves here, the keepers just thrown one in his own net for us and they've missed some very good chances.

Its a cracking point but I can't be pleased with the performance, it was rank. I don't want to mull over it though, we move onto Tuesday. Today was all about the result and we're all very happy! 

Good result, let's hopefully get some players back and we can push on. You Rams! 

​With the hoofing, how else do you expect us to play in this game? Norwich were pressing high on the centre backs and Hanson, who isnt experienced enough to take the ball into his feet facing goal. We had to go longer and look for a flick on or a lucky bounce. It weren't pretty but it worked. 

Let's not kid ourselves here, the keepers just thrown one in his own net for us and they've missed some very good chances.

Its a cracking point but I can't be pleased with the performance, it was rank. I don't want to mull over it though, we move onto Tuesday. Today was all about the result and we're all very happy! 

Good result, let's hopefully get some players back and we can push on. You Rams! 

There was hoofing under next to no pressure at times. Play when you can. Had Ruddy caught that corner then I don't think we'd have mustered much. The distribution from the back was awful at times. Blind punts into the channels hoping the forwards pick up throws and free kicks. There was times when it was needed. But if it simply a case of pressing a passing team to stop them then why couldn't we do that to them?

its about momentum and playing when you can. Give the opposition something to think on. They didn't really have to defend much other than set pieces. 

I didn't write Derby off before the game though so maybe I don't rate Norwich as highly as everyone else does.

Get the impression from Mac that neither Martin nor Thorne are going to be risked before the international break. Such a shame. Feel we're going to be limping through the next couple of games. If Johnny Russell has the expected broken nose, does that mean he's out for Tuesday too? Will be very hard for him to breathe.

Archived