Wolves (W)
Watford (D)
Wigan (W)
Brentford (D)
Blackpool (W)
Huddersfield (W)
Millwall (W)
Reading (W)

20 points, 86 overall. Might be enough. And I was being pessimistic with these predictions. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norwich (L)
Boro (L)
Wolves (W)
Watford (D)
Wigan (W)
Brentford (D)
Blackpool (W)
Huddersfield (W)
Millwall (W)
Reading (W)

20 points, 86 overall. Might be enough. And I was being pessimistic with these predictions. 

Norwich lost at home to Wigan on Wednesday. It's not impossible that they could slip up like we did the last few games.

Middlesbrough have lost 3 in their last 5. They've still got 4 of the top 5 to play away from home, plus Ipswich and Wolves at home.

The only teams that Watford have dropped points against in the last two months were top eight teams. Remind me where we are in the table?

Wolves we beat 5-0 at home.

Brentford have won as many as they have lost in recent weeks.

We have to play all these teams, and people think that some of these games are unwinnable? They are ALL winnable. The last two results were infuriating, but we still have it in our hands to finish top 2. With Albentosa, Martin and Thorne in the side to augment the good play from the last two games (admittedly I didn't go to either game so I'm only going on what people said), this can only be a good thing.

Interesting fact for you, our wobble this season has come in games 34 to 36. Our wobble last season was games 33 to 36 (Burnley, Millwall, Bolton, Reading). Game 37? Derby 5-0 Forest. We won 22 points in the last 10 games. We didn't exactly play promotion-chasing sides in that run, but you catch my drift.

Over the last six games we are fourteenth in the table , just above Boro , and Ipswich .

Think we were in somewhat similar form last term till we won our last five.

Get our main men back fit for next weekend and have a go , its muck or nettles  time friends .

These predictions are all based on at least GT and CM being back from Norwich until the end of the season:

Norwich (D)
Boro (W)
Wolves (L)
Watford (D)
Wigan (L)
Brentford (W)
Blackpool (W)
Huddersfield (W)
Millwall (W)
Reading (W)

Through various combinations I don't see us getting any more than 20 points and I can see us getting as little as 14. No one said trying to get promoted was going to be easy.

Only positive about those string of games we get to play against the bottom 3 teams some of whom will be already gone by that point.

Norwich 1pt

Boro      1pts

Wolves 1pt

Watford 3Pts

Wigan 1pt

Brentford 3pts

B/pool 3pts

Huddlesfield 3pts

Millwall 3pts

Reading 3 pts

For me 22 pts at best with everybody fit and staying fit till May 2nd.

We do relay on scoring more than we concede though and that could be our downfall - but at the moment its in our own hands........ 

Started working out where we'd gain and drop points, soon realised it was a pointless exercise and I'd be better off just enjoying the rest of the season come what may.

The only predictable thing is it will be tense, exciting, exhilarating and despairing, in equal measures, possibly all four emotions in each match!

Still think we'll be celebrating promotion by dancing in the fountains of Trafalgar square, either after Millwall or Wembley.

don't really think it matters who we play any more,we have shown in the last month that we can lose to any one ,rather be playing teams around us where we can influence their results rather than relying on other teams to do the job for us,as previously said we are still 2nd and other teams such as middlesborough ,bournmouth Ipswich are all dropping points ,against Birmingham and Fulham we have looked good for most of the game and still had disappointing results so not sure if that is a positive to take from the games or not.Yesterdays disappointment will remain with me for a long time though as irrespective of the ref to concede two in 93 and 97 mins is not acceptable against Birmingham

So we have 3 more points than we did last season after 36 games

Last season Leicester had 81 points after 36 games!!

Burnley had 76 points after 36 games

So I still think that someone has to pull away - we can't continue to have 5 teams being equally as inconsistent, otherwise it will be the lowest winning points total of all time!

Archived