Wolves (A)

Watford (H)

Wigan (A)

Brentford (H)

Blackpool (H)

Huddersfield (A)

Millwall (A)

Reading (H)

Lots of doom and gloom after that disappointing end to the game vs Birmingham but really as McClaren has said always said through whole campaign the season starts with 10 games to go. Yes we could have had a 2 point head start but we don't. Hopefully Chris Martin and Thorne will be back then Bent and Eustace to follow. 

Looking at the fixtures list above if we can come through that next 4 games and still be in the top 2 we have a quality chance to get automatic promotion. I don't know about anyone else but I am so excited for this last 10 games. COYR.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Martin and Thorne back, and adopting a more attack-minded style simialr to the end of last season could see us over the line.

We need to get back to trying to blow teams away. We're better at that game, and far less dependent on the defence.

Too many games this season have been somewhat of a lull and we could probably take some lessons from Bournemouth in how to really go for it.

Winning big will also help our confidence, far more than preserving a 2-0 win based on an average performance (Cardiff away, Charlton home).

Can you honestly see us going to Norwich and winning? I admire your faith but there is something missing in the squad, a leader, someone who can grip this lot up and make them stand firm. Keogh is not a leader. I just hope that Thorne and Martin are back next week because if not I can't see how we will break this lousy run.

2 years ago we were pleased we were close to the play offs. Now we are going into the last 10 games with it all in our hands and unless this team falls through the floor we are in with a chance of the play offs minimum. I bet a fair few would have taken this position with 10 games to go. Bring on Norwich. 

the top 5:

Team                     pts  G.d

Bournemouth:        66    35 

Derby:                    66    29 

Watford:                 66    28 

MIddlesborough:    66    28 

Norwich:                 65    31 

Brentford:               62    12 

so with only one point between the top 5 and all the top 4 level, everybody is pretty much on a level playing field for the last 10 games, it as simple as whoever wins the most at this point goes up.

the season pretty much does start now

Archived