Derby County v Birmingham City

-JW-

Martin,Thorne,Bent and Eustace to come back stop worrying about clean sheets lets get back to good attacking football we are playing percentage football and its not working, hughes must stay on the pitch at all times hendrick or Bryson never both together shotton at right back stick with Keogh and raul . All the teams up the top play each other in the next two months after easter Mondays games the table will be clearer

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

I thought the performance was excellent... Worrying that for second game running we've come away with a lot less than we deserved, but I would be more worried if we were playing badly. 

Well it's certainly exciting.

i always said at beginning of season if we can get to the end of feb within 5 points of the leaders and Thorne to come back id be happy.

today is dissapoonting but not the end of the world, for 90 minutes we weren't really in trouble, and we looked solid.

Win at Norwich and against boro and we will be fine.

As long as we keep performing and stay in the top 2, we will get GT back and that will be that. Thorne in that game and its hard to see us letting them back in.  I look forward to getting Martin back in there, as clearly we play better football with him. Albentosa is thrown into a defence and asked to stablise it, and that was always a big ask. Keep giving him games and he will come good. 

Stop blaming players and stuff, we choked here, and we move on. The good part is that Forest helped us move up a place.

What did people think about Raul? And what about JR as centre forward? 

5 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Grow up u clown , every team in the league would take craig bryson , and that's a fact 

​No, it's not

It's certainly not a fact. I know he hasn't had much play time but he's not the player of last season. 

I'm not going to let the last five minutes affect my judgement on what I saw. I've never been so disillusioned by a referee performance, but lets not pretend he isn't human. As soon as he get the reception he did in the first-half, he had it in for us and he'll leave that stadium a happy, happy man over the result. 

The defence was excellent. I don't know how often teams are restricted to just one shot on target in this division, but we showed absolute class at keeping them out. The set-pieces Birmingham scored upon have nothing to do with the defence. 

Anyway, the player ratings.

Grant - 5 - Not really had anything to do, but he's flapped at the ball a few times. Not his best game.

Christie - 8 - He kept the ball well, defended very well, and did everything asked of him. 
Keogh - 7 - Solid. I thought this distribution was questionable, but defensively he was good.
Albentosa - 7 - Same as Keogh, really.
Forsyth - 7 - Distribution a problem, as always, but defensively he was very good. I haven't seen the second goal again, but when you're 10 on 10 in the box then anything is possible. 

Mascarell - 8 MOTM - defended very well, passed the ball very well and protected his back four... very well. 

Hughes - 6 - I think he gave the ball away too much, but put his foot in defensively. He was a target for the referee so was called up too many times. 
Hendrick - 7 - He showed class on the ball, similar to his performance against Brighton. Just needs to show a bit more, for me. 

Ince - 8 - I'm not going to blame him for the penalty. It was a perfectly good tackle. He scored a great goal and offered a threat. 

Ward - 8 - One if his better performances this season. never stopped. deserved goal.

Russell - 6 - I don't think he could do much as, like Hughes, he was a target for the referee. He did okay, though, in all areas. 

Dawkins, Lingard, Bryson - 6 - all looked tidy when they came on. Dawkins possibly the pick out of the three.

Overall:

It was a very good performance, defensively very good, but you can't account for a referee giving the opposition such a helping hand. I'm annoyed by the result. but pleased by the performance and the application of everyone on the pitch. 

Well it's certainly exciting.

i always said at beginning of season if we can get to the end of feb within 5 points of the leaders and Thorne to come back id be happy.

today is dissapoonting but not the end of the world, for 90 minutes we weren't really in trouble, and we looked solid.

Win at Norwich and against boro and we will be fine.

I'm waiting for the usual posters who wear rose tinted glasses to start moaning about negativity and doom-mongering on the forum and then to state that we will come good in the next game...... Yawn

Archived