We're top of the league what's all the fuss about

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still confident of top 2.

Winning the league would be proper fun but all I care is that we're better than 4 of the top 6.

I think we've missed Martin in every game he's been injured for. I don't think Bent can replace him. I think Bent is good and I hope we keep him but Martin is a huge part of the system and style and we've missed THAT pass and those free kicks and knock downs and all the ugly stuff. The longer we're without him I think it will really test us. It was criminal that he didn't win poty last season. 

His whole presence makes the team click. Just like Hughes. Without that spark and quality I think we become a less threatening force and so teams are able to pick us off a bit more often. 

Basically I'm confident we'll battle on and finish top 2 but these injuries are infuriating and it does cause stress even when we sit top.

Grant, Thorne, Hughes, Russell and Martin. All fully fit and on the pitch. THAT is all I need to see to convince me that we'll finish top 2. That to me is the strength of Derby and we need it to happen asap 

Even Raul Albentosa has been a nuisance. He's clearly been brought in to be a first choice. We didn't put all that work in for a reserve. 

In fact I'd like to see the Rams win ratio with those 5 on the pitch. As a group they are full of pace, strength and plenty of quality.  When Forsyth is good on the ball he also joins that group. Brilliant defender. 

And the supporting cast is fine. 

We have been conceding goals at an alarming rate, and with everything as tight as it is, a 4/5 game period could cost us promotion. Look at Bournemouth? A few poor results and see you later. 

Brighton/Birmingham/Norwich/Boro/Wolves could be automatics over if we don't get it together. 

W/W/D/W/D would be promotion form, and I don't think the most blinkered a**** us can see those results happening. 

D/W/L/D/L would be disaster. 

I think its the anger at such a toothless performance that's got people into meltdown. That, and with other results, a win could have seen us stretch out a bit at the top.

However, in the same way, the results falling kindly means there wasn't so much riding on this loss. If we'd have seen wins for Bournemouth, 'Boro and Ipswich, then things would have gone really sour.

So we had an off day, but we seem to be having a few too many, and with the injuries starting to pile up a little - especially Thorne, Eustace, Martin and Bent - there's a few reasons for concern.

maybe games like fulham are unwinnable.

having another deep lying centre forward crowding the middle would not necessarily have helped.

the lack of space was the problem.

I don't get the blind panic surrounding us all here. Yeah we were vvank on Saturday and at several other times this season. But we're still sitting at the summit. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON!

Archived