Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County

Rev

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our attack has been bailing out out defence for weeks. Two games we don't score, but concede stupid goals. Been coming for a long time. 

Captain is **** and has been poor all season. Sick and tired of it being every other players fault every week. The lad is ****. 

i'm not blaming Keogh for the goals, i havent seen them, but this leaky defence madness at this stage of the season is getting out of hand, every other player in the squad has been dropped or rested due to poor form or tiredness. time for us to have a little experiment with our defence and Albentosa needs to have his chance. we're bloody throwing this away. when Thorne comes back and he's fit. i think he's our captain for the future. 

Goals were quite frankly shocking.

First one, I cannot comment on the Ward v Grant as that wasn't shown but for Mascarell to simply leave his guy unmarked is unacceptable. Basic rule of football - go goal side. That is worse than anything else.

The second is just as bad, Shotton flat footed and Keogh not predicting play enough.

I simply don't get Albentosa not being in this team - How many more goals do we concede now before he gets put in. To be fair, they are all as bad as each other at the back so it doesn't matter who you drop.

We need a different idea for the defensive mid position as well - Mascarell simply isn't good enough. Huge blow to lose Thorne for the 3 weeks but Mascarell isn't up to it and coupled with a dodgy defence, it doesn't bode well.

For the first time in a big way, I criticise the team selection tonight. I can only go by radio commentary and it may say we dominated the game for large parts but we didn't put the ball in the net and we conceded two terrible goals. So a different team may not have changed the result but to leave Hughes and Albentosa on the bench is a shocker.

Norwich win tomorrow and we are down to third. Goal difference has taken a major hit tonight (Days like this when you just wish we had gone for more against Charlton) with all the other teams winning comfortably.

Very unhappy.

We have the worst run in out of anyone in the top 8. Very rarely do I feel things are this bad but I fear that this season has already gone.

You dont get many better chances to go up than 1 hour against 10 men at Wembley. We were better last season and blew it.

This is easily the lowest point of the season.

Second until Norwich win tomorrow

all is not over and we need to stay calm and get behind the team

the big games are against Norwich and the Boro , watched both recently on TV and neither are that great

If we can get Thorne and Martin back for those games they are easily won, just need to stay in touch.

Seriously need to beat Birmingham on Sat to get some confidence back in the team

Losing Martin, then Thorne then Bent has killed us. Any one of those teams around us would struggle losing key players.

Second until Norwich win tomorrow

all is not over and we need to stay calm and get behind the team

the big games are against Norwich and the Boro , watched both recently on TV and neither are that great

If we can get Thorne and Martin back for those games they are easily won, just need to stay in touch.

Seriously need to beat Birmingham on Sat to get some confidence back in the team

Archived