Brighton and Hove Albion vs Derby County

Rev

Some of the reactions on here are way over the top and makes me glad that i took the decision never to post after a defeat until I've had a good nights sleep. I've had a crap nights sleep though so will still not comment on the game :(

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as with the loss v Forest these last two games have been hugely disappointing...but as with then the result v Ipswich was more important and if we get two results vs Boro and Watford then i'd gladly lose these past two games in return for 4/6 points against two promotion rivals?

Is it possible for someone who went to the game to give their account?  I've looked at the stats, but it's hard to derive anything without much input from elsewhere. 

Shotton lost the ball 27 times tonight, which is incredibly poor. Ince looks to have had an active game, though. 

I was at this one and yes, we played well in part. Two key turning points in the first half, Hendrick hit the bar and Keogh headed straight at the keeper from a corner. IF either f these had gone in then we could have run up a cricket score. Again, second half how we didn't score I'll never know. Wave after wave of good positive play in and around the Brighton box and a succession of corners thwarted by poor finishing and a truly stubborn defence. Crap defending for their first and then the changes (why Wardy? everything positive was coming through him) - zero impact, actually thought we lost all our shape and of course the sucker second goal. 

Overall sorry to say, but with defending like that we probably got what we deserved - harsh on Ward, Ince and Russell who I thought were excellent.

Extremely harsh on the 1048 travelling fans who braved the bitter cold but kept singing throughout.

Anyway, onto the next one. UTR

I always think it's not losing but how you lose. If we played well then we can move on. If we were **** then wet pants time.

Is it possible for someone who went to the game to give their account?  I've looked at the stats, but it's hard to derive anything without much input from elsewhere. 

Shotton lost the ball 27 times tonight, which is incredibly poor. Ince looks to have had an active game, though. 

Why does Keogh do his trademark fall on your ****for no reason for the first goal, and then stay stood up instead of making a challenge for the second? Bizarre. 

It matters not how well we played. What matters is that they scored twice and we scored none. Same as the previous game. Time for the blind faithers to get real. We are in danger of being quickly overtaken by others 

​I completely disagree. It matters very much in terms of morale and belief amongst the players.If they have been outplayed and second best in all departments then the next game could be very uncomfortable. Knowing and seeing their encouraging performance despite defeat can enhance the feeling of "we can still achieve something". Does this view mean I have blind faith? If so I prefer to call it insight as opposed to ignorance.

​Troy, you and I don't agree with regard to Richard Keogh as you know so I don't really want to go over old ground but was the above a serious question? If so I'll answer.

The first goal: Keogh is tight to his man in the box. As the ball falls toward them his man backs in and tries to swivel & shoot. Keogh stretches to block the anticipated shot and falls backward with the weight of he man leaning back.

The second goal: Shotton leaves his man (Lua Lua) entirely. Keogh runs across to try to cover. To dive in at that split second would give Lua Lua the opportunity to side step him. He rightly stays on his feet but Lua Lua gets a quick shot away and scores a decent goal.

If you cannot see the above the I'm afraid I cant take any critique you make seriously.

Archived