Fulham v Derby County

AmericanRam

Couldn't agree more what makes people think we should be winning every game it's totally delusional. I just read a comment saying it would be totally unjust if we finished in the playoffs can someone explain that to me please we finish where our points accumulation places us at the end of the season. 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the words of a great Yorkshire cricket man    The Team is not as good as they think they are, IMO neither is the manager

I have just arrived home from yet another shocking performance against relegation fodder, we barley had a shot at goals, just like second half of the Charlton game . The score and 3 points do not worry me as much as the performance, i still feel shame last time we were in the prem. I do not want to go up just to see over paid primer donas, i want to see us compete and win games. It seems i want to go up much more than some of this team does. Over six thousand supporters were robbed, hang your heads in shame Derby County, and you too SM

I've calmed down a bit. We need to be realistic. We're not going to show up every week. No team does. Yes we were appalling, but we will lose games and we will disappoint from time to time. 

What at we have shown this season is fantastic bounce back ability. Hopefully we show this further at Brighton!

Any DCFC fan would have take this position in August, so let's forget about an off day and move forward

COYR

In the words of a great Yorkshire cricket man    The Team is not as good as they think they are, IMO neither is the manager

I have just arrived home from yet another shocking performance against relegation fodder, we barley had a shot at goals, just like second half of the Charlton game . The score and 3 points do not worry me as much as the performance, i still feel shame last time we were in the prem. I do not want to go up just to see over paid primer donas, i want to see us compete and win games. It seems i want to go up much more than some of this team does. Over six thousand supporters were robbed, hang your heads in shame Derby County, and you too SM

The really shocking moment from the game was when Fulham scored their first goal. Mascarell jogged out wide to close a man down. None of the other defenders moved a muscle to offer support. The forward feigned to cross. As if he was an 8-year-old playing in an early school match, Mascarell leapt salmon-like into the air to block the nonexistent cross while the forward simply ran round him with the ball on the ground. No other defenders were anywhere to be seen. It wasn't good.

Is Mascarell's heart still in it or is he thinking of Spain, especially having seen that both Thorne and Eustace are ahead of him in the pecking order once fit?

Meanwhile, at the other end of the field, it was the sort of performance most of us would have expected from a Martin-less Derby a few weeks ago.

Not many positives to take from that. The players did give it a good go in the second half but if you give a side a two goal head start it's always going to be up hill from there.

Shotton has to start at RB next game for me, I'm not really sure why Christie came back in because we were looking pretty solid with Shotton in there.

Omar looked low on confidence, he's a young lad and was not really at the races today. The loss wasn't his fault though, no-one played well, Forsyth was alright, Hughes was up against it. This was a game where having Martin in the side would have made a world of difference, as it was we looked a bit devoid of movement and creativity up top.

I thought Fulham got it pretty spot on today, Parker and Ruiz pretty much ran the show and their striker, Woodrow was it? He held the ball up really well and looked a threat all game. I looked at their squad before the game and thought there's no way they should be in the bottom half. I don't know if we were complacent or what but they were much better than us, no complaints from that perspective.

It's disappointing and we're under a bit of pressure now without a striker for the next couple of games but hopefully we have enough depth and quality to bounce back with a positive performance and result against Brighton.

You have to remember EHR that the Fulham that Charlton beat easily were not on the same level as yesterday

This is what the players need to realise. They're a big challenge now and when you're a top team you become a scalp. If you don't quickly realise that every single week teams will play better than they do in the normal run then you'll soon become an also ran.

Yesterday should be a formality. But if we aren't at our best then it becomes too close. We are not that good that we can be below 70% and Fulham can be above 85% and still win

McClaren tells them all the time. First we have to match every team for desire and concentration. Then the ability and tactics will do the rest. If we don't at least match the opposition then we'll struggle.

It's hard when every team throws everything they've got into getting a draw or winning. When every week you face a team that's pumped up for the top side! 

Not that I think we head out arrogantly. Just that we perhaps don't seem realise that there are no breaks. It's relentless 

Midtable teams get breaks. Fulham got a break yesterday. We used to do the same under Nigel .  Lose to Bristol easily at home and then West Ham took 20mins to get in our half and were terrorised by Callum Ball

Set off yesterday really looking forward to an away day and coming back with 3 points.Great atmosphere in and around the "Nags Head and White Lion" at Covent garden with all the RAMS FANS making themselves noticed "Bouncing in the street",decent beer even at London prices(Can`t beat Middlesboro for prices£1.60).Easy trip to Fulham with NO closures on underground despite warnings on the internet. Larrik Inn was the only pub we could get in near Putney bridge SH--IT BEER,in plastic glasses, then nice walk to the ground next to Thames.

On arrival at Craven Cottage was surprised to hear Thorne was out (gutted he`s injured )Thought Christie had a terrible game and when Bent went off we failed to make any inroads,Bryson made a small difference and Buxton looked as though the rest had made an improvement to his play,Russell wasn`t fit,Mascerell made too many stray passes,Shotton did well considering he played in 3 positions and was over worked.

Not wanting to state the bleed--ing obvious but we are really missing Martin and now Thorne especially after his performance against Charlton got me feeling positive.

Despondent journey home on the train but we are still TOP.

Pal you do realize we are top of the table right?

Yes today was a pretty putrid performance,but football is like that:Everyone has a bad day at the office and we had one today.

I for one do not blame Mac for this performance,and listening to his post match interview,trust me the lads got an earful I am sure and understand what they need to do.

I could understand somewhat your thinking if we have been this bad all season,but jeez.

I am as frustrated as the next person with today's performance and the missed chance to extend lead on Boro,but it is what it is.

I am confident v Brighton we will show up and perform.

COYR!

I couldn't watch or listen to the game, so I have no idea what happened. I just about saw the team news before my phone died, but couldn't quite believe the score. 

I'll watch the game tonight, but our lead at the top hasn't changed - we're just one game closer than we was before Fulham.

Once again, though, it was a bad time to slip up - a win would have seen us five points clear of second, six of third. 

Disappointed. We have to show the character we have previously against Brighton and Birmingham before heading into what is a huge game with Norwich! The loss of Thorne hurts quite a bit, especially after just getting him back. 

Unfortunately, I think Mascarell is on a hiding to nothing now - he's a marked man.

Archived