Andre Wisdom

Ambitious

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some people have dodgy memories. Wisdom did exactly the same last season as Christie did this season. He also went massively off the boil and started falling over and making mistakes!

I think it's a symptom of use, cos for the first half of the season Christie was a candidate for player of the season. And we were all like 'Andre who?' You get tired, you make some mistakes, you loose confidence, you make some more mistakes. 

Christie will be back next season and he'll be fine I'm sure. That being said, wisdom is a machine, and I wouldn't say no to having in the squad. 

some people have dodgy memories. Wisdom did exactly the same last season as Christie did this season. He also went massively off the boil and started falling over and making mistakes.

Have we ever had any good players? 

Have we ever had any good players? 

​yes. The thing people need to accept is that even the bestest ever players in the world make awful mistakes.

I'm just pointing out that the same people slamming Christie are also hyping Wisdom, when the reality is there wasn't much between them in terms of contribution and performance over the average of the respective season(s).

To me, they're both kids, and they're both better than Glen Johnson.

Andre Wisdom bought the best out of Richard Keogh. They were always communicating with each other, and it always seemed to me that Wisdom was the leader of the two.

Yeah, Wisdom might've had a hiccup (I don't remember it) during the season but it wasn't on the grand scale of the current lot. He was so chilled out on the ball, never seemed to panic.

Would love him back here!

Wisdom to return, Ince to sign permanently, Thorne to have a injury free season and Bryson to recapture former glories! 

We'll be champions of this division yet! 

No chance, we'll stay up in the Prem and move on from Bryson

If we could get him back that would be great. Any fee would largely be off set by selling some defenders I would imagine. He can play RB and CB. He is reliable. We know what we get with him. For me, bringing back Wisdom would be grounds for only needing to bring in one other defender. Without Wisdom, I think we would need to bring in 3. Because his presence will bring stability. Along with Throne. While I expect a number of the U21 players to step up. Hanson is included in the group. 

​yes. The thing people need to accept is that even the bestest ever players in the world make awful mistakes.

I'm just pointing out that the same people slamming Christie are also hyping Wisdom, when the reality is there wasn't much between them in terms of contribution and performance over the average of the respective season(s).

To me, they're both kids, and they're both better than Glen Johnson.

​I'm not having that. Wisdom is streets ahead of him defensively and I even rate him better going forwards. We've missed Wisdom so much this season.

​that's your opinion.

​I'm with you on this - Wisdom had around three months last season where he was probably our worst defender.

Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday was especially a low point. In fact, Antonio made Wisdom look like a poor man's Cyrus Christie. 

He then got himself back on tracks and finished the season strongly. I hoped Christie would do the same. 

Overall, I would say Wisdom has the edge on Christie. If they were both at their very best then it would be very close. 

Football fans get carried away. After a few games, loads on here deemed him better than Wisdom. Now he's the devil's spawn. Truth is, he's neither. He's a poor man's Andre Wisdom.

​These kind of comparisons only really make sense if the players are similar. Christie's much more of an attacking-minded full back, and when he's in form he looks good going forward and really offers us something. Andre Wisdom is hardly the world's best footballer and he was probably the most one-footed player we had last season, but defensively one-on-one he was absolutely sublime.

Would much rather have Wisdom but Christie and him are chalk and cheese anyway.

Another pointless article from ambitious once again. Fav a tweet from Wisdom mean fk all. 

​To be fair to ambitious his thread has nothing to do with my post about wisdoms favourite which isn't implying anything of the importance hence my line, "he must have been fond of that day". Clearly you don't like ambitious threads haha

some people have dodgy memories. Wisdom did exactly the same last season as Christie did this season. He also went massively off the boil and started falling over and making mistakes!

Nowhere near as badly as Christie has. I think you're forgetting that at this stage last season we were on a 6 game winning streak with Wisdom playing fantastically. He was also awesome against Brighton in the play-off's, particularly away.

He had one cock-up against Burnley, but other than that he was an extremely solid all season, 'massively off the boil' is a bit of an overstatement.

Archived