Andre Wisdom

Ambitious

I don't know if we had a thread or if anyone has been tracking his progress... but it's not good. It's not good at all. 

From what I can gather, he ended up getting a bad reputation, put in a howler against Spurs, then was dragged off to the cheers of WBA fans. He hasn't been seen since (well, he's been on the bench but you get my drift) 

Anyone think, regardless of division, Steve will take a look at him in the summer? 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been saying since Wembley that we should definitely sign him, even if it wasn't until this summer. Definitely compliments our team, which seems to function best with one defensive full-back and one attacking full-back.

He's also a good option for CB, as his natural athleticism would compliment Albentonsa; Raul providing the height and aerial presence, with Wisdom covering his lack of pace.

He had a great time here, the fans love him and McClaren's sort of player. If our interest in Butland is legitimate, he fits the profile of the sort of young, English player we like (Thorne, Ince, Butland, Hughes, Wisdom).

I've been saying since Wembley that we should definitely sign him, even if it wasn't until this summer. Definitely compliments our team, which seems to function best with one defensive full-back and one attacking full-back.

He's also a good option for CB, as his natural athleticism would compliment Albentonsa; Raul providing the height and aerial presence, with Wisdom covering his lack of pace.

He had a great time here, the fans love him and McClaren's sort of player. If our interest in Butland is legitimate, he fits the profile of the sort of young, English player we like (Thorne, Ince, Butland, Hughes, Wisdom).

I watched one baggies match on sky - full 90 - and he played very well.

i'm not sure about a permanent deal for us though.

yes we'd like him, but liverpool will still want a decent fee.

we've moved on now signing shotton, christie, and albentosa and our need in the summer will be to sign at least one attacking wide player - possibly Ince - which could incur another big fee and possibly all our dosh.

I don't know if we had a thread or if anyone has been tracking his progress... but it's not good. It's not good at all. 

From what I can gather, he ended up getting a bad reputation, put in a howler against Spurs, then was dragged off to the cheers of WBA fans. He hasn't been seen since (well, he's been on the bench but you get my drift) 

Anyone think, regardless of division, Steve will take a look at him in the summer? 

He's clearly struggling with the Premier League, so I don't think Liverpool will be too upset to sell him. 

It was around this time last season he went through a rough patch, too. He did finish (April/May) very strongly, though. 

​If he's struggling in the Premier League I'd be worried if Steve was looking at him in the summer!

​For the reason Alpha said: sometimes managers and players don't fit. 

I think Steve really rates him, so I wouldn't be surprised. Christie and Wisdom have followed the same 'path' in their season at Derby. Strong starts, mid-season slumps, and hopefully Christie will end like Wisdom.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was on Mac/Evan's list of potential targets depending on his situation.

​If you had said struggling in the West Brom team I would have been on board with the idea but you said struggling in the Premier League, because of that I won't be investing, I'm out.

​Highlights I've seen of him, his debut etc.

He's a big hulking 6'4 CB, something that definitely is a great advantage, but he's not exactly going to be nimble. I'm not having a go at him, Franco Baresi was hardly a sprinter, but when you're coming up against Aguero and Walcott it doesn't hurt to have a bit of pace at CB.

Archived