Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

On 02/09/2023 at 23:42, Comrade 86 said:

Smith just got schooled and beat up. I don't think he won a single round. Makes you wonder WTF happened first time around. Played Jr again, but again to small stakes. Kicking myself now for my indecision!

Yep pretty much how I thought the first fight would go ,, 

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Another one of those toss pots who think the US constitution extends to the whole world?

Interesting to see what happens here as the mandatory minimum sentence for an offence related to possession of an illegal firearm is 5 years' imprisonment for anyone over 21. My guess is SFA.

To be fair, he did have a towel thrown at him a few days earlier - he must have been terrified. Protect yourself at all times as they say.

BTW - just a point on Bomac, he's an absolute lardy isn't he? He must be a technical genius coz I don't quite understand how prime athletes can look at him and see someone who inspires. Don't want to sound fattist (I'm a bit rotund myself) but it just makes me wonder how he even manages to hold the pads, never mind anything else.

6 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

Yes, I watched it last week good documentary and quite sad really, I wouldn’t trust Ray Hatton as far as I could throw him

Its top of my list as soon as I get chance to watch something. 

I can well imagine it's sad. And infuriating when he loses to Mayweather

On 07/09/2023 at 10:35, Alpha said:

Its top of my list as soon as I get chance to watch something. 

I can well imagine it's sad. And infuriating when he loses to Mayweather

Mayweather was very well protected by certain refs stopping him getting too much inside damage.  Hopkins was the reverse at that time and seemed to get away with murder hanging onto and wrapping his arms around opponents with no ref intervention. 

• 2 weeks later...