Campaign against Chelsea continues.

Howard Canitbé

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He meant it. 

I was told something by someone at some point in my life that just made sense. Here it is: When you accidentally strike someone, your impulse reaction is to check they're okay and tell them it was an accident. If you mean to strike someone then you're unfazed by what you've done/felt. 

Barnes must have felt Matic's leg underneath his boot, so why did he / how could he casually walk away? It's impossible.

Matic should have his card rescinded but he won't.  

It looks like Barnes meant it to me. What I can't understand is why his left leg leaves the floor. If we're saying he's following through after the pass fair enough, but imagine the action of his body if Matic wasn't there. He plays the pass with his right and his standing left leg lunges forwards as he topples over. No one plays a pass like that. If we're being kind we can assume he jumps and lunges because he's anticipating getting clattered by Matic. It's still dangerous play and still a red.

Having said all that I can see why the ref didn't spot it in real time. I had to watch the slow motion several times before reaching a conclusion.

He meant it. 

I was told something by someone at some point in my life that just made sense. Here it is: When you accidentally strike someone, your impulse reaction is to check they're okay and tell them it was an accident. If you mean to strike someone then you're unfazed by what you've done/felt. 

Barnes must have felt Matic's leg underneath his boot, so why did he / how could he casually walk away? It's impossible.

Matic should have his card rescinded but he won't.  

• 2 weeks later...

Burnley's win against Man City was part of the conspiracy to make him look like a paranoid nutter:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/mourinho-alleges-plot-to-make-him-look-like-a-paranoid-lunatic-2015022795786

JOSE Mourinho has accused the FA, UEFA, FIFA, and the Bilderberg Group of portraying him as some kind of conspiracy theorist.

After Nemanja Matic’s red card was upheld, the Chelsea manager lashed out at the shadowy forces controlling events behind the scenes to make him seem like a delusional maniac.

Unveiling his wall full of documents and photographs connected with drawing pins and red string, Mourinho said: “It cannot be coincidence.

“Jamie Redknapp’s tight-trousered insults, the baffling campaign by referees against poor Diego Costa, more than 16 penalties not given in a single game against Burnley – they are all connected.

“There is a campaign against me, orchestrated by the Corsican Mafia, Opus Dei and the secretive holders of Nando’s black High Five cards, to make me seem insane by claiming there’s a campaign against me.”

Mourinho said that after his team lose to Tottenham in the League Cup he will present evidence of mind-control rays developed by the warrior priests of Atlantis.

Archived