DCFC Fans Revamp - Tips, Help, Praise and Moans

Day

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot here.

1) This is a brand new release, it will have teething problems as does all software, there will be updates weekly to fix bugs.

2) Clear cache and cookies, 99% of problems this has fixed for people.

3) We can't go back to the old version, with all software it's reccomended to be on the latest version. In another few years a totally new look will be released. I'm sorry if you don't like change but it's always going to happen. 

4) Site speed, yes on phones it will be slightly slower because it's loading more features, BUT I've been on a really poor 3G signal and it's been loading quicker than any other site and Twitter and Facebook. Clear your cache and cookies!

The best thing? It WILL get quicker, because it's a new layout, new URL structure search engines will be crawling the site heavily, background processes are still running reindexing all posts.

I am getting frustrated at the amount of times I'm having to repeat myself now on the same things

Sorry to ask for a repeat explanation but I have no choice.  I chose to read this page 14 because of a problem. So when I tap page 13 it doesn't load just spools endlessly.  So I can't even check whether you have provided a solution already.  I've cleared cache and cookies

Anything to do with tech changes scare me a bit but so far I'm doing ok. 

I always used to have trouble posting pics on the old format, I even gave up on smilies -_- (just tried this one - Has it worked?) 

For my next baby steps I'm going to try a pic, click on the paperclip or do something simple like quote somebody.

Ok I'm going in...wish me luck! If I'm not back in 10 minutes, send help. xx

Clearing cache and cookies hasn't worked for my samsung on ie or chrome but I  am using the refresh workaround to move between pages, which is fine for now. Other than that I like the new layout and find posting easier  (may not be good news for others!)

Anyone else getting this message? I get it 2-3 times a day since update:

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Try again

Archived