Slating individual players

RamNut

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preferring some players is one thing, slating individuals constantly is another. I think the only person at the minute that's been free of criticism is Tom Ince, for obvious reasons!

I'm with Ramnut on this, give it up. Support the team. This negativity spreads to the players and they don't need it right now. Or do you think they don't read what you say? Cos I'm sure half of you wouldn't say it to the players' faces.

I don't know how you lot can enjoy the football when you're so cynical all the time. Must be depressing.

Rubbish, would understand it if everyone was booing them at the match but to say negativity from an internet forum is spreading to the players is ridiculous.

And yes I very much doubt any of them come on DCFC Fans.

that's what the forum is for. 

Perhaps avoid certain threads if you cannot be arsed with criticism.

Alternatively, put Mostyn on 'ignore'

:p

Who are you calling a **** you ****. One of these days I'll ******* **** ***** ***** **** ******* and then you'll ****** be sorry.

I think I will need to have another word with your Mother. I can understand why she worries so.

I think its fair game really. People in general are just looking for the best formula possible to get the best results and many of the points, while sometimes blown out of proportion, might have an inkling of truth in there somewhere which is something that can be improved upon. Though you need to read between peoples personal preferences too as often the failings are over exaggerated.

I've no problem with saying we are bad if we are bad, others would rather bury it under the carpet.

On the whole we have done OK at this stage though there is certainly room for improvement I'd say despite the lofty position in the league, with the additional loans hopefully this can materialise on the run in.

Football fans will always find something or someone to moan about.

Just because someone moans about a player doesn't mean they won't cheer them next game and hope they perform. It just simply means we watched the game and some players didn't perform and those players are being talked about, especially if it is felt they cost us points.

Just as people will praise players if they did well and Won us points. I don't see anyone saying we can't single out players for praise so why can't we for criticism?

It's fans on a forum, it's not the manager having a pop post game or the crowd booing any player. It's post match discussion, it's part of the game.

Preferring some players is one thing, slating individuals constantly is another. I think the only person at the minute that's been free of criticism is Tom Ince, for obvious reasons!

I'm with Ramnut on this, give it up. Support the team. This negativity spreads to the players and they don't need it right now. Or do you think they don't read what you say? Cos I'm sure half of you wouldn't say it to the players' faces.

I don't know how you lot can enjoy the football when you're so cynical all the time. Must be depressing.

His right leg is useless.

Sent him back where ever he came from.

I agree.. But Christie probably had his worst game for derby on Tuesday! And if you start slating players for 1 game it show's you how far we have come and how much we expect from them.

And look at Mac too, he knew the team/individuals weren't getting it done on Tuesday and wasn't best pleased!    

It's football.

It's happened forever.

Wouldn't be much discussion going off if you didn't prefer some players to others.

It hasn't though, at least not to this extent. It's a product of the Sky era and the negativity that seems to pervade these days. Someone always has to be to blame. Instead of congratulating success, we denigrate deficiency.

To paraphrase those egregious ambulance chaser ads on TV - Where there's a game, there's blame.

Archived