Slating individual players

RamNut

Please can we have a break from all this slating of individual players.

We've had recent threads about christie, buxton, keogh stating how poo they are etc.

Its doing my head in.

What about......supporting whoever is in the team for a little while.....

and stop dissecting the players?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had recent threads about christie, buxton, keogh stating how poo they are etc.

Its doing my head in.

that's what the forum is for. 

Perhaps avoid certain threads if you cannot be arsed with criticism.

Its doing my head in.

We're only doing what our Nigel taught us to do !  :D

I get your point RamNut. This is a forum thoe so you will get threads like that like some one else said just don't read them.

Its everywhere.

Its too much

Pack it in

Preferring some players is one thing, slating individuals constantly is another. I think the only person at the minute that's been free of criticism is Tom Ince, for obvious reasons!

I'm with Ramnut on this, give it up. Support the team. This negativity spreads to the players and they don't need it right now. Or do you think they don't read what you say? Cos I'm sure half of you wouldn't say it to the players' faces.

I don't know how you lot can enjoy the football when you're so cynical all the time. Must be depressing.

Its doing my head in.

It is rare for you and I to be in consensus, but I agree that there should be some toning down of the slating of our players. Some of it goes too far, and on for far too long. I personally am also finding the ups and downs of a few points lost or gained by any of the top 3 a bit constant and tedious at the mo. It's only bloody February. Wait to end of March to turn that ratchet.

I notice a few before me make the comment this is a football forum. Sometimes recently I have wondered. If it wasn't for the subject matter you would think this was a forum for 12 year old girls, debating the styling merits of Niall, Harry (and the other 3) and getting wet in the pants because 1D are performing live at their school disco.

Positives:

League position.

Tom Ince.

Will Hughes.

Craig Forsyth's confidence in his play now.

Thorne close to return.

Russell close to return.

Back to back winnable home games.

The under 21s are quality.

Season ticket sales for next season.

Atmosphere in the stadium is much better this season with the South stand area.

Ince Bent Lingard can't be recalled.

Competition for places.

I'm pretty sure every supporter has picked fault with every Derby player at some point. Friend one day and Foe next, that's football. 

I understand where Ramnut is coming from though. At this stage of the season it's very easy to get frustrated but we need to stick by our players who've got us into third in a very tough league, each player has played their part and no more so than all of the defence.

The players play as one big unit, if Derby lose, the team loses and it's not placed on individuals. Most of our Players would walk into any Championship team, we should be very grateful for that. Although I do miss Best a little bit, and Sammon and sometimes Ravanelli. 

I think the only person at the minute that's been free of criticism is Tom Ince, for obvious reasons!

Hughes and Bent also tend to escape criticism...

I'll admit that I'm sometimes prone to slating players, it tends to be out of frustration more than anything else. We've got to a point now where the standard we've set within the squad is very high, we play great football for most of the time and at our peak seem capable of beating anyone in the league.

When a player then doesn't live up to that standard and/or makes a mistake, it's very easy to single them out for criticism rather than accept, for the most part, the whole team has been below par (assuming we lost).

Without Tom Ince on Tuesday, we'd have come out of that game bitterly disappointed with the result due to too many players putting in poor performances so it's harsh on this occasion to single anyone out, instead we should probably be praising Ince?

its just opinions  -  think it would be impossible to go through an entire season  without a player getting criticised   ...   glad the days of

Tommy Docherty , Colin Addison , to name but two  mangers   have gone ....   if forums where here in there tenures ..every player would have been under constant fire 

Archived