Buxton

McMuffin

Remember when there was 0 negativity being posted a few weeks ago, when the only thing we could think to talk about was who we would sign when we went up. Doesn't take long does it.

Its all down to expectations.

What I did notice was the energy Rotherham had due to not playing last Saturday.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when there was 0 negativity being posted a few weeks ago, when the only thing we could think to talk about was who we would sign when we went up. Doesn't take long does it.

The Keogh threads been active still though. Nit picking.

This is what i mean though. There's a sence of uproar if Buxton gets similar treatment to Keogh.

Why?

Keogh's better!

And for the record... Both of them scare me when they have the ball at their feet.

Surprising comment - if there is one thing that DOESN'T worry me about Buxton is when the ball is at his feet. Best passing defender we have. Its just the rest of his game which worries me - especially when he tries to let the ball roll out of play for a goal kick!!!

Its all down to expectations.

What I did notice was the energy Rotherham had due to not playing last Saturday.

Expectations are high absolutely, but going into panic mode and slating the players which over the past 2 seasons have made us a very strong top 6 side ( which was always the aim) is just going to put even more pressure on. Players have bad games even poor runs. The good runs have easily beaten the bad runs on individual and team performances. 

Expectations are high absolutely, but going into panic mode and slating the players which over the past 2 seasons have made us a very strong top 6 side ( which was always the aim) is just going to put even more pressure on. Players have bad games even poor runs. The good runs have easily beaten the bad runs on individual and team performances.

No need to panic I agree.

Players need encouragement.

Surprising comment - if there is one thing that DOESN'T worry me about Buxton is when the ball is at his feet. Best passing defender we have. Its just the rest of his game which worries me - especially when he tries to let the ball roll out of play for a goal kick!!!

He can spray a 40 yard pass, yes, but he telegraphs every single pass short. He stares down Forsyth so often and plays him the ball when he has a defender pushed onto mark him - because it's so obvious that's where he's playing it. This absolutely does not make him the best passing defender we have.

Forsyth.

Not sure he could get across to it.

Bucko got outmuscled by 2 attackers and really didn't get off the ground but someone should pick up Green.

Midfielders , Forsyth or even Keogh.

Another time they had a free header on goal and if it was zonal marking it didn't work.

Keogh or Buxton should deal with balls into the centre of the box .

Buxton is a limited player, we all know that. He makes mistakes, or mainly his lack of pace looks like he's made a mistake, when in reality he's just not been fast enough. He shouldn't have been dispossessed by Bournemouth on the byline, and in the interest of fairness, he should've done better in the last minute at Wembley. BUT, Buxton plays more or less to the best of his limited ability, game in game out. Very rarely can anyone say he should've done better, (which is different to saying we wish he was a better player). Buxton is also very self aware, and knows his own limitations, so never tries anything he cannot do. His concentration and execution, in terms of tackling, clearing, intercepting, are up there with the best at this level. Mainly cos he rarely commits to a tackle he cannot win, so his success rate is good. I personally think he's our best passer out of the defenders I've seen play. I think he wins most headers. I think he makes most successful tackles. 

Iconic player.

From what I've heard

Positives: Ince, Lingard, Dawkins, Bryson, Buxton

Disappointments: Grant, Keogh, Christie, Mascarell, Forsyth, Ward

Meh: Hughes, Bent and Hendrick.

I'll watch the game first, though.

Well according to our opta guru, Buxton was a positive last night, despite us conceding 3 goals he is the only one of our defensive players that came out with any credit last night :-D

At fault for the 1st imo. Got climbed all over, didn't make a big enough attempt to win the ball.

So fouled then. However, it was someone else who headed the ball back across. It was also Hendrick who left Green in acres of space.

Sorry I forgot the thread title.  

Why do spiders scare some people, the majority of the time they don't do any harm.....

I know you are right, i really do.....and for the record i think the combo of Keogh and Buxton is the best we have at the club (i cant comment on Albentosa because i have never seen him kick a ball)

I don't like spiders either. They've got 8 legs, hairy and ugly as fvck, bit like our Bucko.

According to teh Keogh Witch Hunters, whenever Buxton makes a mistake it's because he was pulled out of position by Keogh. Yup, everything defensively is Keogh's fault.

Feel sorry for the lad, Buxton that is. Must be terrible working with such an abysmal player that somehow seems to get picked week in week out.

Never read anyone say Buxtons mistakes are down to Keogh being out of position

But I have read several saying Keogh made a mistake because of other players. A good one is against Chelsea when Keogh made a mistake because someone passed him the ball.

Archived