Albentosa

North_Stand_Ram

Albentosa is an air dominant pacey CB that was getting rave reviews for a top 10 La Liga sides, it isn't a great leap to think he'll be better in the air and quicker than our slowest CB. I'll tell you what is ridiculous, the fact that you can't see that we are missing Thorne. He is by far and away the best player we have in that position and was a revelation last season. A few games? Just like everyone else? Eh?

Strange post.

I am not saying he wont be good...but we don't know if he is or not at all....a top 10 La Liga side is now great shakes, they only have 3 teams in that league, the rest rotate around relegation.

As for Thorne...as i have also said a number of times, he played well for us last season, in 8 or so games in a team that was totally cruising to the end of the season, he definitely wasnt the best player in that team at the time. Your logic that Albentosa must be great because he was playing in a top 10 La Liga side goes the same way with Thorne then, he must be crap because he couldn't get in a rubbish bottom half premiershite team.??

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not saying he wont be good...but we don't know if he is or not at all....a top 10 La Liga side is now great shakes, they only have 3 teams in that league, the rest rotate around relegation.

As for Thorne...as i have also said a number of times, he played well for us last season, in 8 or so games in a team that was totally cruising to the end of the season, he definitely wasnt the best player in that team at the time. Your logic that Albentosa must be great because he was playing in a top 10 La Liga side goes the same way with Thorne then, he must be crap because he couldn't get in a rubbish bottom half premiershite team.??

"3 team league." You lost all credibility with this post. Guessing that the prem is a 0 team league then?

Thorne's progress at WBA was hampered by the other knee, he started for WBA against Man Utd and played well. He's still a kid and I think he would have progressed to be a regular starter under Clarke at WBA. Who were at the time battling relegation around the top 10 as you say.

Yay or nay for Sat? And for who?

Like I said in other thread if fit then replace Keogh (Keogh need rest for few games though) Albentosa is right side CB.  

What's the official news on Albert anyway? Is he even available ?

Just back in training as of yesterday.

However, nerve problems tend to continually recur. From the descriptions given it sounds like a similar issue to Whitbread's, and that has pretty much finished his career. Hopefully Albentosa's won't be a serious, but my money is on him not starting another senior game this season..

I thought his problems were all to do with these special insoles that he has to wear because of a medical condition? He left them in spain so thats why he has been having problems because he played and trained without them.

But i'm pretty sure McClaren said on friday he's got them now and he would be back in training from Monday along with Russell. Hopefully he can play soon and hopefully he is as good as everyone says he is because I am yet to see him play.

Because they are contracted to us therefore we are missing out on their qualities. Not hard to grasp.

But we are second in the league?

Yes, Thorne showed his quality in the 9 games he played last season but he has had a long term injury, nobody has any idea how good he will be when he returns.

To say we are missing Albentosa is absolutely ridiculous.

If we are assuming that anyone has played well for another team is automatically going to be good for us I assume we are also missing Sammon?

But we are second in the league?

Yes, Thorne showed his quality in the 9 games he played last season but he has had a long term injury, nobody has any idea how good he will be when he returns.

To say we are missing Albentosa is absolutely ridiculous.

If we are assuming that anyone has played well for another team is automatically going to be good for us I assume we are also missing Sammon?

12 games - 9 league and 3 play offs

Not much about him before last season on the internet so hard to find much out

He does seem (although info for lower Spanish leagues is patchy) to have only made 66 senior appearances though, which is not many for a 26 year old.

If true that fits the type of player we've typically signed, Dawkins is a similar player in that respect.

He played only 45 minutes, even with new team mates and communication issues it was enough to see he had strength, pace, composure and could win a header.

I venture to suggest even on that brief look he is going to be an excellent signing and we need him playing as soon as possible.

I have huge respect for the honesty and commitment of Keogh and Bucko. They are footballers but they are in my opinion protected by the quality of our midfield and the quality of coaching they have received under Macs regime. Their stats are flattering because of this.

In 1970's motoring terms they are Ford Cortinas and 1.6L to boot. Nothing wrong with that. They'll get you there, but if the road is fast or very twisty you can expect some performance related issues

Archived